We’re excited to be going back to Peru & Machu Picchu next year! Our travel club has had many epic adventures here over the years and it’s past time we go back! Check out these Peru travel photos we took on our first Peru adventure way back in 2010. Their government keeps threatening to close off Machu Picchu for good and though this may be a marketing tactic, they’ve already reduced the number of daily visitors allowed with more restrictions once inside! Seeing & photographing this wonder of the world with your own eyes is a truly mind-blowing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Don’t miss it!
Still 5 spots available for Norway but the extra rooms we have on hold must be released in a couple weeks. Last call to discover one of the most beautiful countries in the world (not to mention a great chance at seeing the Northern Lights!)
1. Our second departure to Iceland still has 4 spots left! Incredible waterfalls, otherworldly landscapes, & stunning glaciers are all begging to be captured by your cameras….
2. 4 Spots up for grabs to join us in Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, & Montenegro this fall. Who’s it gonna be?
3. The Holy Land is calling! Space still available on Israel & Jordan to experience the colorful history first hand and the epicenter of thriving Middle Eastern life, home to remarkable deserts loved by Hollywood, & Petra, a wonder of the world that must be experienced at least once in your life!
Peru: Inca Adventure!
April 5th – April 14th, 2024
Our travel club has had many epic adventures in Peru over the years so let’s keep them coming! Don’t miss this one because the threat of Machu Picchu being shut down forever is real and they have already reduced the number of daily visitors with more restrictions! Seeing & photographing this wonder of the world with your own eyes is a truly mind-blowing once-in-a-lifetime experience.
E-mail us for the daily itinerary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 9 nights/10 Days throughout the best of Peru
- Boutique hotels and quaint lodging (Encompasses the feel, culture, & atmosphere of each destination)
- Breakfast every day
- 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners (Welcome & Farewell Dinners)
- Round Trip Domestic Flight INCLUDED from Lima to Cusco (LIM–>CUZ)
- International Airfare is not included. [Flying into & out of Lima (LIM)]
- Privately guided small group tour as always!
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always! *Based on availability
- All Taxes & Fees Included
- PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop-style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!
Peru: Domain of the Incas
- Explore the Capital: Free day to walk the city and explore the rich history, food, & architecture
- Ultimate Peruvian Food Tour: Explore the bohemian Barranco District with an insider guide and discover a variety of Peruvian food & drink. Partake in two interactive workshops that demonstrate the art of preparing pisco sours, ceviche, and lomo saltado. *See daily itinerary for price and sign-up details…
- Experience Cusco: Guided walking tour of the beautiful city in the sky. Highlights include: City Cathedral, Convent of Santo Domingo, Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Red Fort Puca Pucara, Qenko Amphitheater, and Tambomachay, the Inca baths.
- Free days to explore: Great optional activities to choose from including:
- Cusco Home Cooking Class
- Planetarium Visit
- Discover Rainbow Mountain
The Sacred Valley (2 Nights)
“Tucked under the tawny skirts of formidable foothills, the beautiful Río Urubamba Valley, known as El Valle Sagrado (the Sacred Valley), is about 15km north of Cuzco as the condor flies, via a narrow road of hairpin turns. It’s worth exploring this peaceful, fetching corner of the Andes with colonial towns and isolated weaving villages. Star attractions are the markets and the lofty Inca citadels of Pisac and Ollantaytambo, but it’s also packed with other Inca sites.” – Lonely Planet
- Pisac Ruins & Market: Encounter this Inca complex with its impressive architecture, then peruse the streets of the picturesque town and local market for great pictures.
- Ollantaytambo & the Temple of the Sun: Built using massive stones approximately 12 ft tall, this temple was used as a fortress during the time of the Incan Civil War.
- Maras Salt Mines: Discover one of the largest salt extraction centers of pre hispanic origin.
- Moray Terraces: Visit this small community famous for its embedded amphitheater, formed by circular terraces which seem to disappear into the ground! Archeologists believe Moray played an important role in the agricultural research conducted by the Incas.
Machu Picchu (1 Night)
“Shrouded by mist and surrounded by lush vegetation and steep escarpments, the sprawling Inca citadel of Machu Picchu lives up to every expectation. In a spectacular location, it’s the most famous archaeological site on the continent, a must for all visitors to Peru. Like the Mona Lisa or the pyramids, it has been seared into our collective consciousness, though nothing can diminish the thrill of being here. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the Spanish colonizers and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century.” – Lonely Planet
- Voyager Train journey to Machu Picchu: Begin the journey in comfortable seats with panoramic windows and excellent onboard service. Delight in the incredible landscape along the route to Machu Picchu, including imposing mountains, snow-capped peaks, the winding river, and the gradual change of vegetation until the entry point to the magical rainforest home to the Inca citadel
- Discover the Citadel: Privately guided exploration of the great Inca wonder. Photo ops are everywhere as we learn about this sacred place which served as a place of worship, a site for star-gazing, and a private hacienda of the family of the Inca Pachacutec.
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.