Greece Small Group Tours
May 19th - May 30th, 2023 (Sold Out, Request Waitlist)
You just won't find another Greece small group tour like this one... A taste of history in and around Athens, followed by some of the most incredible mountains, ruins, lakes, & villages throughout central & northern Greece, & topped off with amazing beaches, classic Greek island architecture, & turquoise waters all around our favorite Greek Islands! Not to mention, the weather in Greece is THE BEST this time of year! Last year's trip sold out in 24 hrs! Don't hesitate to get your deposits in ASAP!
Check out the amazing places we visit! These clips were taken from our 2019 Greece Adventure:
Email us to see the daily itinerary for our Greece small group tours at email@example.com
Athens: A taste of the Gods (2 nights)
"With equal measures of grunge and grace, Athens is a heady mix of history and edginess. The magnificent Acropolis, visible from almost every part of the city, is the hub around which Athens still revolves (and) the cultural and social life of Athens plays out amid, around and in landmarks that are centuries old, if not millennia. The remnants of Ancient Greece get the most attention, of course, thanks to a little thing called democracy. Oh, and mythology, and drama, and philosophy. But don't overlook the 'later' years: thousand-year-old Byzantine churches, for instance, which squat, unruffled in the middle of streets and attached to hillsides." - Lonely Planet
* Explore Athens: Guided excursions to the various & remarkable highlights including Constitution square, Monastiraki and flea market area, national library, Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, Herod Atticus street, the Panathenaic Stadium (first modern Olympic games in 1896), Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Zeus, & of course, the Acropolis & Parthenon with the Acropolis new museum.
Central & Northern Greece: Where the real gems are found... (3 nights)
"Diversity should be northern Greece's second name – the region stretches across more cultures and terrains than any other in the country. Mighty civilizations, including Macedonians, Thracians, Romans, Byzantines, Slavs, and Turks, have left traces here...The central Greece (κεντρική Ελλάδα) region also holds many underrated surprises. Alpine meadows and valleys cover the Evritania mountain range, making it perfect for breezy summer hikes and winter skiing. And it doesn’t get much better than Meteora, with breathtaking outcrops of rocky towers topped by teetering monasteries. - Lonely Planet
Mystical Delphi: Amazing photography and breathtaking scenery from the slopes of Mount Parnassus await. The Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi is known as the home for the most famous oracle of ancient Greece and during this time was regarded as the center of the world!
* Meteora: A real photography highlight on our Greece small group adventure, this region is famous for its beautiful monasteries standing between earth and sky atop huge pinnacle rocks. The unique formations of these small mountains are like Greece's version of the incredible Buddhist monasteries of the Himalayas. The history, treasures, and beautiful architecture of the ancient Byzantine monasteries is like the icing on the cake!
* Monodendri Village: The small town of slate-roofed houses has a handful of great tavernas and some amazing churches including the triple-bell Church of Agios Athanasios and the 17th-century Church of Agios Minas.
* Vikos gorge: Formerly regarded by the Guinness Book of World Records as the deepest canyon in the world at almost 3000 ft, this geological wonder has incredible hikes with views for the Gods! Amazing photo ops here with mother nature pulling out all the stops for our eyes & lenses!
The Greek Isles: Zakythnos & Corfu (6 nights)
Greece has 6000 islands (literally!) with at least 1000 being idyllic gems, and among those are at least 200 must see islands, and among those are 50 of the best islands in the world, and among those are 20 islands that will blow your mind, and among those....well you get the point. Picking a couple of the best Greek islands among a thousand of the "best islands" is not an easy task and we racked our brains narrowing down the list. We can't wait to share the two incredible isles below with our travel club because they encompass a variety of the absolute finest and idyllic aspects of all greek island paradise!
* 3 nights Zakythnos & 3 nights Corfu
* A variety of the best beaches, hikes, culture, & architecture Greece has to offer
Zakynthos: "The Ionian’s Flower of The East"
The Venetians tagged this southernmost of the Ionian Islands the Fiore di Levante, as translated above. "Looking for indelible moments? You’ll find them when you swim at the famous Shipwreck Beach, watch the sunset from the cliffs of Keri and Kryoneri, listen to the islanders sing their cantatas, and see the endangered Caretta sea turtles lay their eggs in the island’s white sands." - discovergreece.com... Not to mention the "spectacular scenery of the rugged west coast, where mighty limestone cliffs plummet down to unreal turquoise waters!" -Lonely Planet
* Shipwrecks, Caves, & Epic Beaches: An incredible day of exploration by traditional Kaiki boat along Zakynthos' dramatic west coast! Highlights include a sumptuous beach bbq, exploration of the mystical blue caves, isolated paradise on Sfogio beach, the mind-blowing, world-famous Navagio Beach (Shipwreck Beach), & "Hidden Treasure Cave"!
* Sea Turtles, the Keri Caves, & Charming Villages: A charming traditional Greek village is the launching point for our day's exploration along the sea to the astonishingly beautiful Keri Sea Caves & Marathonisi Island (Turtle Island!), where we'll walk the beach in search of sea turtles and their nests! Back at the little village, we'll enjoy dinner at a tavern with local music known as kandades, an interesting music style unique to the Ionian Islands which uses melodic songs accompanied by mandolin and guitar with improvised lyrics!
Corfu: The Grand Lady of the Ionian Islands
In a nutshell: "a majestic fort (with) romantic trails and beaches where the vegetation merges with the sapphire sea" - discovergreece.com... "Still recognizable as the idyllic refuge where the shipwrecked Odysseus was soothed and sent on his way home, Corfu continues to welcome weary travelers with its lush scenery, bountiful produce and pristine beaches." - Lonely Planet
* Corfu Town: An Unesco World Heritage Site, this historic center's colonial British and Venetian buildings with neoclassical influences will dazzle us and our cameras. Highlights include the Palace of St Michael and St Georgiou, Liston Arcade, Maitland rotunda, Ionian Parliament, and the Kapodistrias family mansion. The famous alleyways of Campiello feature washing lines hanging from above and opulent hotels creating an atmosphere straight from a period movie!
* Paleokastritsa Village: Arguably the most beautiful village on the entire island, Paleokastritsa offers a plethora of local taverns overlooking the blue bay and six idyllic beaches dotting the coastline surrounded by olive tree forests unchanged for millennia!
* Achilleion Palace: Located in a place of mesmerizing beauty with the winding coast below, this palace is renowned not only for its classical architecture but its impeccably landscaped garden, topping off a picture-perfect scene!
* Kanoni Town: Cruise down a coastal road looking at the neighborhoods and pebble beaches that make up this storied island.
* Sidari: Live music, Greek dancing, & one of the best beaches on Corfu sum up this small-town gem.
* Corfu Photography Adventure: We'll head back out on another adventure throughout the highland but this time with a focus on off-the-path jewels perfect for amazing images! Impressive caves, breathtaking cliff views, isolated Byzantine monasteries, & stone-made villages are just some of the highlights we'll explore and photograph.
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 120 days (2023 Departure: January 19th, 2023) or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 120 days (2023 Departure: January 20th, 2023) prior to the trip departure date will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and paypal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options). *Hotels subject to change based on availability
COVID Cancellation Policy – Local Planet Travel Services OR Guest may cancel this reservation if the USA or country(s) we are visiting mandates a country-wide closure due to COVID. If this happens, you would receive a full refund. If guest chooses, the funds can remain on file and be applied for any future tour with PhotoFly Travel Club. *Please note bank merchant service fees when using a credit card are non-refundable.
MANDATORY VACCINE REQUIREMENT: The safety of all our guests is a top priority regardless of where our adventures take us. All travelers are required to have an approved COVID-19 vaccination to participate in this tour. Travelers that meet this mandatory requirement can join our adventures after 14 days has elapsed since their final dose. Proof of vaccination must be provided by emailing a copy of the participant's COVID-19 vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org upon sign up. *Guests who are not vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt from this mandatory vaccine policy with proof from a certified medical professional.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3.7% credit card processing fee OR 3.6% PayPal* processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). PayPal Payments from outside the USA incur a 4.5% processing fee. Please mail payment to avoid fees. *You can use a credit card on PayPal and do not need a PayPal account.
*We also accept no fee payments via Venmo & Zelle. Should you wish to pay via either method see the instructions below:
Venmo: Send trip payments to @photofly (www.venmo.com/photofly) *Do not choose the "refund protection" option because a fee is charged and we will not receive the full deposit amount.
Zelle: Send trip payments to email@example.com
*If mailing a check, please reserve your spot via the below payment buttons and select "check payments" on the checkout page.
CST # 2101181-40