Norway Small Group Tours
September 2nd - 11th 2021
This stunning country has been on our travel club's bucket list for a long time and we're so excited to finally bring our members throughout the wonders of Norway. We'll traverse the stunning landscapes from Oslo via Bergen to Lofoten, the crown jewel of Norway's Fjordland & above the Arctic Circle! Western Norway's deep, sea-drowned valleys covered by steep, rugged terrain scoured and gouged by glaciers is a landscape that is utterly unique and profoundly beautiful. It will be near impossible to put down our cameras for more than a few seconds at a time! If we're really lucky, there's even a chance to spot and photograph the mind-blowing Northern Lights!
Email us to see our Norway small group tours daily itinerary at email@example.com
Oslo (2 Nights)
"Surrounded by mountains and sea, this compact, cultured and fun city has a palpable sense of reinvention. One of the world’s most overwhelmingly green cities, Oslo has earned the honor of being named European Green Capital in 2019, via one of the lowest carbon footprints in the world, excellent and well-patronized public transport, and a real commitment to sustainable food production and green space. Explore one of its many museums, get to know its booming contemporary-art scene at one of its commercial galleries or just marvel at the work of its starchitects." - Lonely Planet
* Privately guided orientation tour of the city; Highlights:
Explore different areas and architecture styles from the 1600s to beautiful, ornate buildings of the 19th century.
Photograph functionalist style City Hall, the site of the annual Nobel Peace Prize ceremony every December
Baroque style Oslo Cathedral from 1697
Vigeland Park, a sculpture park and museum which display the works of Gustav Vigeland and other temporary
* 48 Hr "Oslo Pass": The most convenient way to experience Oslo
* Free public transport
* Entrance to museums and attractions
* Fram Museum: Story of Norwegian polar exploration
* Holmenkollen Ski Museum & Tower
* Norsk Folkemuseum: Norwegian Museum of Cultural History
* Kon-Tiki Museum: Heyerdahl’s expeditions, including Kon-Tiki, Ra, Tigris, Easter Island, Fatu-Hiva, Tùcume, Galapagos, a 100 ft cave tour, and underwater exhibit with a 30 ft model of a whale shark
* Discounts on sightseeing, restaurants, and services
Flåm (1 Night)
"At the head of Aurlandsfjorden, Flåm sits in a truly spectacular setting beside Sognefjord. The main attraction here is the stunning mountain railway that creeps up into the surrounding peaks and offers truly eye-popping panoramas." - Lonely Planet
The Flåm Railway w/ "Norway in a Nutshell"
"Norway in a Nutshell" takes us through some of Norway's most beautiful scenery. Experience the scenic Bergen Railway, the breathtaking Flåm Railway, the Aurlandsfjord, the narrow Nærøyfjord and the steep hairpin bends of Stalheimskleiva.
* Mountain Farm Hike: This optional hike (included) takes us to Vikesland Farm where we'll ascend up the trail to the old mountain farm of Hovdungo. 2600 ft above the beautiful Aurlandsfjord, we'll enjoy & photograph spectacular views of thefjord and mountain landscape.
* Flåm-Gudvangen Fjord Cruise: UNESCO's World Heritage-listed Nærøyfjord is spectacularly narrow and surrounded by steep mountains and snow-covered peaks that stand 5900 ft above sea level, with thundering waterfalls and picturesque villages along the fjord. Cameras out and jaws drop!
Bergen (2 Nights)
"Surrounded by seven hills and seven fjords, Bergen is a beguiling city. During the early Middle Ages, it was an important seaport and a member of the Hanseatic League, as well as Norway's capital – a heritage that can still be glimpsed in the beautifully preserved wooden buildings of Bryggen, now protected as a Unesco World Heritage site. Chocolate-box, clapperboard houses creep up the hillsides, ferries flit around the fjords, and a cluster of excellent art museums provide a welcome detour, and not only in case Bergen's notoriously fickle weather sets in. Meanwhile, a large student population ensures the city has a buzzy bar scene and nightlife, and easy access to nature means you're minutes away from complete tranquillity." - Lonely Planet
* Privately guided tour of Bergen; Highlights:
* Photograph & explore the charming indoor Fish Market
* Stroll around Bryggen – the medieval UNESCO World Heritage Site consisting of the old Hanseatic Wharf & buildings, and the cobblestone alleyways near the harbor
* Bergen Fortress area with one of the oldest and best-preserved fortresses in Norway
* Town Square and City Park
* Fløibanen Funicular: Connects the Bergen city center with the mountain of Fløyen. It's one of Bergen’s must-do activities with mountain walks and magnificent views of the city.
* Free time to explore, hike, visit museums, etc.
Lofoten (4 Nights)
"You'll never forget your first approach to the Lofoten Islands. The islands' tall, craggy profiles stand against the sky like some spiky sea dragon. The beauty of this place is simply staggering." - Lonely Planet
Svolvær (2 Nights)
The first thing that jumps out in the archipelago's "capital" town is its unimaginable setting. Wherever you stand, whichever way you look, the view is magnificent & the photos are endless.
* Silent Fjord Cruise: Experience this Lofoten classic aboard a silent electric catamaran
The Majestic Trollfjord: The compact 1.25-mile length and width less than 250 ft is contrasted by surrounding peaks that reach over 3000 ft high and waters that plummet 200+ ft below the surface. Get your camera's ready for the large population of white-tailed eagles, likely to soar above as we deploy the underwater drone to discover the rich marine life of the depths below.
Silent catamaran, Brim, is built specifically for discovering Arctic Norway, and offers comfortable, stable, silent and emission-free sailing with uninhibited views from multilevel indoor and outdoor decks, with live feeds from an underwater drone and hydrophone.
* Reaching the Top: 3 hikes to choose from (easy, moderate, difficult)
* Very Easy: A simple excursion & beautiful walk immersed in the nature surrounding Svolvær. Enjoy the silence, while admiring extraordinary scenery and landscapes.
* Moderate: Hike along a path that hugs a stunning mountain lake, and passes through green fir tree forests.
* Difficult: Hike through high peaks and follow a path that has the ocean on one side and the imposing mountains on the other!
Lofoten Scenic Road Trip
Enroute to Reine, we'll take an epic road trip through the islands. Learn about the fascinating Viking history among old fishing villages, sit on pure white sand beaches facing crystal seas, and admire imposing mountains & magnificent cliffs, which for billions of years have guarded the settlements like ancient Viking warriors...
Lofotr Viking Museum: The world’s biggest Viking Age longhouse has been found and excavated at Borg in the Lofoten Islands. A rich and powerful dynasty of chieftains ruled here during the Viking Age, and a full-scale reconstruction of the longhouse & surrounding environment have been reconstructed. Take in the smell of tar & open fire, and admire the handicrafts, embellishments, and architecture as we embark on a journey a thousand years back in time!
Reine (2 Nights)
Splendid from above, its placid lagoon is backed by the sheer rock face of Reinebringen and the tiny fishing village is one of the best places to stay as we explore Lofoten. Red and white fishermen’s huts dot the shoreline and surrounding peaks of granite shoot out of the Reinefjorden. Rightfully so, the village has earned a reputation as “the most beautiful place in the world.”
* Trekking the famous Reinebringen: This steep scramble leads to one the most beautiful viewpoints on all the Islands: an epic panorama of Reinefjorden and the Lofoten Wall. (*Easier hike or nature walk will also be available)
* This entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their cameras, compose better images, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
* Privately guided small group tour as always!
* All Taxes & Fees included
* All Transfers and ground transportation included
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Domestic Flight INCLUDED, 300.00 USD Value (Bergen BGO → Bodø BOO)
* International Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight if needed! (Flying into Oslo International Airport (OSL) and departing from Leknes Airport (LKN) Specific arrival/departure times needed TBD...)
Single Supplement: $950.00
Email us to see our Norway small group tours daily itinerary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 120 days (May 5th 2021) or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 120 days (May 5th 2021) prior to the trip departure date will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and paypal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options).
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40