Croatia & Her Beautiful Sisters
Montenegro & Bosnia/Herzegovina
From Zagreb to Dubrovnik, we'll explore the best of the best when it comes to this Eastern European gem. And since this gorgeous country is surrounded by gorgeous neighbors, we’ll explore a few of them too: Bosnia Herzegovina and Montenegro! Our Croatia small group tour is filled with beauty for us to soak in, photograph, and marvel at. We've custom-built this adventure to experience the highlights of Croatia and her neighbors including the country's amazing Dalmatian coast. As always, e-mail us to see the daily itinerary at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Zagreb: We'll explore the capital of Croatia via a panoramic bus and walking tour of the historical and photogenic highlights (Trg Bana Jelacica ("main square", Fruit Market, St. Markus Church)
* Plitvice Lakes National Park: Oldest park in Southeast Europe & an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Witness more than 16 lakes lined up and separated by natural limestone barriers. The lakes are among pristine forests and renowned for their distinctive colors, ranging from azure to green, grey or blue. The colors change constantly depending on the quantity of minerals or organisms in the water and the angle of sunlight. So many incredible photographs to be taken in here!
* Trogir: Explore the picturesque city known as "The Stone Beauty", a charming stone town under the protection of UNESCO which takespride in their fascinating Romanesque cathedral, churches, towers and beautiful palaces. With 2300 years of tradition, its rich culture was created under the influence of old Greeks, Romans, & Venetians. We'll stay in a charming, family owned, boutique hotel built within a historical Baroque palace in heart of Trogir!
* Split: The second largest city in Croatia and “the capital of Dalmatia” has gradually developed around the palace of the Roman emperor Diocletian built more than 1700 years ago. The entire old city of Split has been built within the walls of the UNESCO world heritage site, Diocletian Palace, making this historical center very unique. From Diocletian’s cellars to the Market (Pjaca), to the sunny sea promenade (Riva), and past the fish-market all the way to the Theatre: morning, day and night in Split encompasses the real atmosphere of a typical Mediterranean city.
Bosnia & Herzegovina
* Mostar: As we continue south we'll take a slight detour across the border to Bosnia & Herzegovina's wonderland town of Mostar. Along the way awaits another mystical waterfall, not only superb for photos but swimming too! A short walk down a windy road & staircase takes us to Kravice Falls. 80 ft high and 390 ft long, it's like a mini, majestic Niagara Falls!
All cooled off, we'll finally arrive in Mostar, most famous for a beautiful Ottoman-style bridge which spans the Neretva river in the historic center of the city. "Stari Most" frames the colorful buildings and mosques that tumble down the cliffs of Old Town as the river rushes underneath it. It is obvious that Mostar is arguably this country's most beautiful "city". It is charming and pristine. In fact, it's bizarrely pristinefor a city famous for being all but destroyed during the war. A wide variety of delicious multi-ethnic restaurants & awesome bakeries/cafes dot the streets with brilliant views of the bridge. Eat, drink great local coffee, and take pictures. What gets better than this?
Often called "The Pearl of the Mediterranean", Montenegro might be the only place in the world where you can find so much natural wealth & beauty in such a compact area, including pretty beaches, blue lakes, rushing rivers, and gorgeous mountains.
* Kotor: This medieval walled town on the coast is situated in the Bay of Kotor. It's world-famous for the maze of streets, unique history, & dramatic defense walls encircling the town as it winds up and around the massive mountain overlooking the city. A privately guided walking tour will take us throughout the best parts of Kotor for a day filled with awesome pictures, culture, and history.
* Dubrovnik City Tour: Reclaimed, not just as a Croatian treasure but also as one of the world’s treasures; a fact that was officially recognized when the United Nations declared this medieval town as a World Cultural Heritage site. Its fortresses, imposing walls surrounding the city, palaces, churches, and small streets form a perfect harmony with the natural surroundings. Our tour includes visits to the Franciscan Monastery with Europe's oldest pharmacy, the Cathedral with its famous Treasury, and Rector's Palace, the former seat of government in the Dubrovnik Republic.
Single Supplement: $950.00
Email us to see the daily itinerary at email@example.com
Bonus! Greece + Croatia Adventure $200 Package Discount!
It's no coincidence we scheduled our 2022 Greece trip just before Croatia. With a 2 day break in-between, it couldn't be easier to shoot up the Adriatic from Athens on a non-stop 2-hr flight to Zagreb where this adventure begins. You will get $200.00 off your Croatia Group Tour if you sign up for Greece too! Simply sign up at the bottom of each trip page and the discount will be applied to your final payment invoice.
* Accommodations in between the two tours & international flights from ATH to ZAG are not included.
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 120 days (June 13th, 2022) or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 120 days (June 13th, 2022) prior to the trip departure date will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and paypal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options). *Hotels subject to change based on availability
COVID Cancellation Policy – Local Planet Travel Services OR Guest may cancel this reservation if the USA or country(s) we are visiting mandates a country-wide closure due to COVID. If this happens, you would receive a full refund. If guest chooses, the funds can remain on file and be applied for any future tour with PhotoFly Travel Club. *Please note bank merchant service fees when using a credit card are non-refundable.
MANDATORY VACCINE REQUIREMENT: The safety of all our guests is a top priority regardless of where our adventures take us. All travelers are required to have an approved COVID-19 vaccination to participate in this tour. Travelers that meet this mandatory requirement can join our adventures after 14 days have elapsed since their final dose. Proof of vaccination must be provided by emailing a copy of the participant's COVID-19 vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org upon sign-up. *Guests who are not vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt from this mandatory vaccine policy with proof from a certified medical professional.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3.7% credit card processing fee OR 3.6% PayPal* processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). PayPal Payments from outside the USA incur a 4.5% processing fee. Please mail check to avoid fees to:
Local Planet Travel
325 Rocky Slope Road, Suite 104-240
Greenville, SC 29607
*We also accept no fee payments via Venmo & Zelle. Should you wish to pay via either method see the instructions below:
Venmo: Send trip payments to @photofly (www.venmo.com/photofly)
Zelle: Send trip payments to email@example.com
*If mailing a check, please reserve your spot via the above trip page and select "check payments" on the checkout page.
CST # 2101181-40