Located on the Balkan Peninsula, Romania is a hidden gem that must be explored. Aside from the famed Bran Castle, there are several other notable places you should see while visiting.
1. Beautiful preserved walled town of Sighisoara
2. The Grand Square in Sibiu
3. The Painted Monasteries of Bucovina namely – Humor, Moldovita, Patrauti, Probota, Suceava, Sucevita, and Voronet.
4. The mountain resort named for Mt Sinai, Sinaia, where a monastery still has the first every copy of the bible printed in Romania. It is also where you can find Peles Castle.
5. Don’t forget to visit its capital, Bucharest, with a hodgepodge of various architectural structures from centuries-old, modern and communist-style all in one block. It also has the largest Parliament building in the world with 3100 rooms and over 12 stories high.