This is the BEST time to visit Southeast Asia’s most off the path destination: Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). This country opened it’s doors to tourism and the world just a few years ago. We’re getting in early to experience the amazing culture, temples, people, & off the path adventure there is to offer. Don’t miss this once in a lifetime experience filled with the most authentic travel photography you’ll ever get. Soon this country will be filled with tourists-come with us in 2015 before it’s too late!
* 10 nights/11 days throughout the best of Myanmar
* Charming boutique hotels & bungalows
* Breakfast Everyday
* 5 Dinners Included
Explore the gateway to Myanmar. In the formal capital city we’ll visit the Shwedagon Pagoda, believed to have been built more than 2500 years ago! This magnificent building is covered with hundreds of gold plates and the top of the Stupa is encrusted with 4531 diamonds)
* Experience and photograph the 2000-year-old Sule Pagoda, one of the city’s most endearing landmarks
* Walk among the splendid colonial buildings that still dot the city including City Hall and the High Court Building
* Get lost in Bogyoke Aung San Market: Commonly known by its old British name of Scott Market. Undoubtedly offering the largest selection of handicrafts in Myanmar, the market is a great place to discover a bargain and have fun haggling with the local traders.
Ngwe Saung Beach
With a long, white & silver sand beach (known as “silver beach”), excellent bungalows and resorts, plus a number of interesting excursions to nearby islands, Ngwe Saung Beach is ideal for a few days of relaxation after time spent exploring the country’s cultural attractions. Each day we’ll explore the coast in and around the water and each evening we’ll dine in one of the quaint local restaurants that abound in the heart of the village.
* Relax and unwind on this unspoiled land of sand and sun
* Plenty of Awesome Optional Activities (Snorkeling excursion to Bird Island, Hire bicycles and visit local villages, Burmese cooking class, Thazin Fishermen’s Village Picnic BBQ & Boat Excursion, Visit nearby Elephant Camp)
Bagan: “City of Four Million Pagodas”
Bagan is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia, and with over 2000 pagodas, temples, and monasteries to explore there is certainly plenty to keep us enthralled and snapping away. But there is more to this enchanting destination: rural village life, interesting markets, and artisan workshops just to name a few….
* Explore the Temples and Surroundings: Gubyauknge with its excellent stucco carvings, the impressive Htilominlo Pahto and Ananda Pahto which is one the best preserved temples in the archeological zone
* Authentic horse cart ride through off the path temples not accessible by car or bus
* Sunset from the top of a temple! (Excellent photograph opportunities and take in the enormity of the surrounding area)
* Optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over Bagan & Temples (World Famous Experience)
* Nearby village visit to witness rural Burmese life
* Sunset Cruise on Irrawaddy River
Inle lake is literally dotted with interesting villages and floating gardens and is one of the most picturesque locations in all of Myanmar. We’ll have fantastic opportunities to explore local markets and interact with the local population. (Great cultural photography here!)
* Visit to Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung Monastery, famed for its unique oval windows
* Photograph Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the holiest monastery on the lake with its five ancient, gold-covered Buddha images
* Explore the lakes floating gardens & witness and photograph the unique technique of leg rowing, synonymous with the Intha fisherman
* Boat trip to Sagar: Far removed from the hustle and bustle of the main lake we’ll get a glimpse of authentic lake-life as we pass villages, Chinese-style fishing nets, weaving factories, monasteries, stupas, bamboo forests and floating gardens
* Arriving in Sagar we’ll witness the town flooded after construction of a new damn which left numerous stupas and pagodas partially submerged (Amazing photographs!). Once onshore explore the small village’s temples, crumbling stupas, and large monastery. We’ll walk through the center of town, observing local life and photographing smiling locals and schoolchildren from this charming village.
* Visit a family run rice-wine distillery: Three generations have been utilizing the mash from wild-mountain rice, adding yeast, and boiling it through a series of clay pots and bamboo poles to produce the wine.
* As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, taking better pictures, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
* All Transfers & taxes Included
* All 3 Domestic flights Included (Yangon –> Bagan / Bagan–> Inle Lake/ Inle Lake–> Yangon)
* International airfare not included but we’re happy to help you find the best flights as always. Flights needed: Arrive & Depart Yangon (RGN).
*Don’t forget to e-mail us for the day by day itinerary of this Myanmar group tour (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to departure date will receive no refund of full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40