Highlights of Vienna!
For the heart of the classical period and the best of European landscapes, one need go no further than Vienna. Unlike the well-tread Paris and London, Vienna offers authentic European culture with sites that capture some of the great turning points in human history, and it’s not quite so overrun with tourist kitsch.
The to dos…
* Visit the Mozarthaus, the home of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart which still holds an original piano played by the master
* See the Freud Museum, the house in which the brilliant mind dreamed his dreams
* Nearly every restaurant serves wiener schnitzel, but the locals are most proud of the apple strudel and palatschinken, or sweetened pancakes
* The Schönbrunn Palace is a 1,400 room Rococo palace and gardens
* An expansive amusement park, the Wiener Riesenrad, sits in the corner of an even larger park, the Wiener Prater, perfect for both nature lovers and thrill seekers
* The Kunsthistorisches Museum holds the works of the classic masters
* Vienna has a dozen of its own microbreweries, along with wineries that offer samplings of the finest vineyards
Have a craving for Vienna? Join our travel club here on a sweet Eastern Europe Adventure!