Our first trip back since the pandemic started was Costa Rica this past March, and it will forever hold a special place in PhotoFly’s heart. Not only has this destination been wildly popular with our members for 8+ years, it is one of the best trips with some of our favorite guides in the world! Needless to say, we’re going back yet again. If you haven’t experienced this tropical wonderland, teeming with exotic wildlife, iconic volcanoes, soothing hot springs, and beautiful beaches, there’s no better way than with us on our All Inclusive Costa Rica Safari!
Costa Rica All Inclusive Safari!
April 16th-26th, 2022
Each year we have a wonderful experience traveling through Costa Rica. Masterfully planned, this tropical adventure is always a blast with new & exciting twists & turns each year!
- 8 nights/ 9 day adventure through Costa Rica!
- Breakfast every day
- 7 lunches, 7 dinners (All meals throughout)
- Private guide & driver (Local professionals with years of experience and qualifications)
- Awesome, unique hotels and lodges throughout
- All taxes, fees, transfers included (excludes airport departure tax)
- Airfare is not included but we will help you find a good flight
- Roommate pairing to save money
Email us to see daily itinerary at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Coffee! (Doka Estate Coffee plantation is not only beautiful with amazing coffee, we’ll also learn about the production, the harvesting, the processing plant and the roasting of the grain. Fascinating stuff whether you like the world’s most consumed beverage or not…)
* Vida Campesina Farm (Organic farm lets us experience real life in the Costa Rican countryside with a farming family)
* Arenal Volcano National Park guided Lava Flow Hike (lava rocks and occasional eruptions, this volcano is surrounded by lush rainforest and second growth that cover the old lava flows and river sides)
* Optional Early Morning Bird Watching every day (included and offered for the photo and bird enthusiasts!)
* Wetlands Boat Safari (Floating safari: variety of resident and migratory birds plus three different species of monkeys, iguanas, sloths, turtles and caymans)
* Pierella Butterfly & Ecological Gardens: (Located in the Sarapiquí lowlands, this family-run garden was established 20 years ago as a project to breed butterflies for export. Over time, it has been transformed into an area of 5 hectares, changing from a simple butterfly nursery to a true ecological garden that now hosts a great diversity of environments and wildlife to explore! Join our naturalist guide and experience Pierella’s great birding trails with amazing photo opportunities & wildlife everywhere we look!)
* Malekus Indian Reserve (Unique history and cultural experience: medicinal plant garden, enjoy a reenactment of a traditional Maleku dance, and try out their version of archery!)
* Llanos de Cortez Falls: Considered one of the best waterfalls in the country! Great swimming by the falls no to mention amazing photographs!
* Rincon de la Vieja National Park: Famous for its abundant volcanic activity, we’ll explore Las Pailas Trail within the National Park, not only for the volcano, but plenty of wildlife to photograph, and an impressive tropical forest.
* Hacienda Guachipelín: Positioned at the foot of the Rincón de la Vieja Volcano, adventure beckons at this boutique resort. Thrilling experiences include swinging like Tarzan on the many cables and ropes on the Canyon Canopy Course (more than just zip-lining!). Take a scenic horse ride to one of the most colorful turquoise waterfalls in Central America, or cruise down the rapids of the Rio Negro on a Tubing Adventure (optional). Relax your weary muscles in natural volcanic thermal springs or spectacular waterfall pools (optional)
* Relax at one of best beaches in Costa Rica: Hermosa (We’ll finish the adventure at this pristine, world renowned beach! The taupe sand beach is bathed by clear waters and some great waves (if the conditions are right). Many water sports can be enjoyed including fishing, swimming, and windsurfing, among others.)
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.