We hope you are enjoying the summer and staying cool. 2 new adventure releases this week! First, get ready to witness some of the most stunning mountain peaks, glaciers, & turquoise lakes in the world. We’re thrilled to be bringing our travel club back to the Wonders of Chile & Patagonia next spring. More details below and secure your spot with a deposit before it’s too late! Second, our members can’t get enough of Japan, and neither can we! Our Japan Adventure has sold out in less than a month for 2 years running and the waitlist gets long fast. Beautiful temples, riverside hot springs, magnificent waterfalls, iconic cities, & the best seafood in the world is calling!
Last chance to join us in Iceland this fall. 3 spots left but our extra rooms have been released. Sign up before travelers outside of our group take them!
1. Looking for a female who wants to share a room in Morocco with us! This is the first time in years our trip still has a few spots open…
2. TWO spaces have opened up on the Mystical India Group 1 departure and ONE spot for a single room, Group 2 departure.
Wonders of Chile & Patagonia
April 18th – April 25th, 2024
This is one of our most exciting adventures in style! The epic journey begins in the world-renowned capital of Santiago where we enjoy the culture, food, and energy of the bustling city among the mountains. After a taste of life in the city, we’re off to one of the most monstrous yet beautiful landscapes in the world: Patagonia! Unforgettable hikes with endless photo opportunities will be the norm throughout this adventure and activities are available for all fitness levels!
E-mail us for the daily itinerary (email@example.com)
- 7 night/8 Day Journey (2 Nights Santiago | 5 Nights Patagonia)
- #1 Luxury Yurt Experience in Patagonia
- Breakfast every day
- 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners Included
- Open Bar in Patagonia! (wine & spirits)
- Domestic round-trip airfare from Santiago –> Punta Arenas INCLUDED
- All Transfers and ground transportation included
- All Taxes & Entrance Fees included
- Privately guided small group tour as always!
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always! *Based on availability
- International Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight if needed! (Flying into & out of Santiago (SCL) | Specific arrival & departure times needed TBD…)
Santiago: City of Island Hills (2 Nights)
“Surprising, cosmopolitan, energetic, sophisticated, and worldly, Santiago is a city of syncopated cultural currents, madhouse parties, expansive museums, and top-flight restaurants. No wonder 40% of Chileans call the leafy capital city home.” – Lonely Planet
- Explore the Capital (Privately Guided Tour): Discover the highlights of Sanitago, the country’s most important cultural, cosmopolitan, and artistic hub:
- Cerro San Cristobal & Cerro Santa Lucía: Emblematic urban parks located in the heart of the city. Ride the funicular to the top for the best panoramic views & photos (included).
- Plaza de Armas square: A meeting place for Santiago’s diverse and multicultural expressions.
- Parque Forestal: Take in the fresh air of this park which runs parallel to the Mapocho River with a variety of tree species offering a refreshing break from the urban agitation of the city’s center.
- Bellavista Neighborhood: Experience Santiago’s bohemian neighborhood, with some of the best bars and restaurants in the city
Patagonia (5 Nights)
“On South America’s southern frontier, nature grows wild, barren, and beautiful. Spaces are large, as are the silences that fill them. For the newly arrived, such emptiness can be as impressive as the sight of Patagonia’s jagged peaks, pristine rivers, and dusty backwater oases. In its enormous scale, Patagonia offers a wealth of potential experiences and landscapes.” – Lonely Planet
Patagonia Camp is a project that was born among a group of Chilean nature-loving enthusiasts, who accomplished multiple expeditions and scoutings between mountains, canals, and fjords. With the idea of giving luxurious outdoor experiences to visitors, they decided to install an innovative concept in Torres del Paine, the first in South America. Our devotion lies in living a connected experience with nature through all of our senses while staying in a luxury yurt with the full comfort of a boutique lodge
The Yurts: These circular tents were originally used for thousands of years in Mongolia by the nomads in the steppes of Central Asia. With their light-colored cloths, the Yurts of Patagonia Camp allow maximizing the amount of light and heat from the sun with all the comfort one finds in any hotel room: central heating, ensuite bathroom, neutral and biodegradable amenities, and fine decorations with handcraft furniture and textiles.
Restaurant & Bar: Move your senses with flavors that will awaken emotions and accompany the moment with incomparable views of the mountains, lakes, and forests. With large windows and views towards Lake Toro and the Paine Massif, enjoy the flavors of our kitchen highlighting all the Chilean elements that are proper to our gastronomic culture, along with a gourmet touch by our chef. Not to mention the open bar throughout our stay!
Torres Del Paine
“Soaring almost vertically above the Patagonian steppe, the granite pillars of Torres del Paine (Towers of Paine) dominate the landscape of South America’s finest national park. Part of Unesco’s Biosphere Reserve system since 1978, this 699-sq-mile (1810-sq-km) park is, however, much more than its one greatest hit. Its diversity of landscapes range from teal and azure lakes to emerald forests, roaring rivers and that one big, radiant blue glacier. Guanacos roam the vast open steppe, while Andean condors soar alongside looming peaks.”-Lonely Planet
- Adventures in Wonderland: Each day we embark on amazing walks and hikes around this landscape of sharp-edged mountains, glaciers, and their vibrant turquoise lakes. Below is a sample of the hikes and adventures we’ll choose from each day. *All are optional, included, and cater to different fitness levels including beginners! See the daily itinerary for difficulty, length, elevation gain, and more details.
- Base of the Towers Trek: A rewarding & deservedly famous trek to the base of the iconic “Towers” of Torres Del Paine. Panoramic views of lakes and valleys greet us along the way until we penetrate the ancient Lenga tree forest. Here we’ll approach the Torres glacier moraine before breaking through the forest and arriving at the base of the towers! Behold and photograph the three granite giants right in front of us!
- Mirador Los Cuernos Trek: This trek is perfect to experience the beauty of the park’s two iconic mountains: Las Torres and Los Cuernos del Paine. The hike starts alongside beautiful rivers and lakes with ever-present native flora and fauna. Upon reaching the first rock plateau we will enjoy the whimsical line drawn by the Cuernos del Paine, and their characteristic two-color hue created by sedimentary rock and granite. Continue on toward the famous Salto Grande Waterfall, with its impressive cascade and strong current that connects two turquoise glacier lakes. Alas, we go through an area of burnt tree trunks to reach the lookout to observe up close the mythical Paine Horns. Get those cameras ready!
- Optional Glacier Boat Trip: Wander through a forest of Lenga beech trees to reach the shores of Grey Lake where our boat is waiting. This is without a doubt one of the most captivating experiences in Torres del Paine. The ride allows us to appreciate the stunning confluence of lush vegetation, mountains, icebergs, and the enormous Gray Glacier. Witness and photograph her ancient, gigantic ice walls radiating an endless range of blue hues at our cameras! | Additional cost applies, see daily itinerary for price and sign up details.
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.