As we continue to slog our way through the pandemic, news of the first vaccines arrival early next year gives us much hope for exciting journeys around the globe sooner than later!
This week we’re excited to release our 2021 Galapagos Adventure! Anyone with a love for nature, science, wildlife, snorkeling, diving, hiking, photography, or just plain adventure should have this iconic destination at the top of their bucket list. Our Galapagos trip offers a glorious blend of luxury, wildlife, & up close and personal experiences! More Details Below…*In past years this one has sold out in 1-2 days so don’t hesitate to get your deposits in ASAP to hold your spot!
Wonders of the Galapagos
June 17th – 23rd 2021
* 3 nights/4 days at the unique and waterfront Red Mangrove EcoLuxury Hotel
* 3 nights/4 days aboard our very own luxurious private yacht the Coral II!
* MOST Meals! (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners)
Part 1: Santa Cruz Island & Her Nearby Gems
“Santa Cruz is the most important Island in the Galapagos archipelago with the only substantial port town of Puerto Ayora. From white sand beaches teeming with endemic marine iguana, lush highlands where some of the only giant tortoises in the world still roam, turtle coves, thriving reefs, ancient calderas, & of course, Darwin’s Finches all live in harmony with the small human population here (for once!).
* Highlands & Tortoise Reserve: Journeying across Santa Cruz into the highlands, we’ll be delighted by the variety of life and geology. Santa Cruz Island offers excellent opportunities for viewing wild giant tortoises, both roaming through pastures in the agricultural zone and in the El Chato Tortoise Reserve.
Day Boat Excursions
*For our two full days staying on Santa Cruz, we’ll head off island on exciting day trips via boat and in search of biological wonders!
* Santa Fe Island, White Sands, Cacti, & Giant Iguanas: White sand beaches surrounded by sea lion colonies lined with endemic cactus forests is just one appeal to this natural wonderland. It is also home to the Santa Fe land iguanas, the largest in the entire archipelago. Other species that reside here are the Galapagos hawk, Galapagos snakes, rice rats (one of the few endemic Galapagos rodents), a variety of finches, and one of the four mockingbird species on the islands.
*South Plaza Islet, Land of Red & Yellow: An impressive cactus forest where colorful yellow and red land iguanas live will be our introduction to this small landmass. Another peculiar thing to see in South Plaza is the unique, hybrid iguana (sea and land). During the time of year we’ll be here, the landscape should be gleaming with the vegetative glow of reds, greens, and yellows (Great landscape shots!)
Part 2: Private Luxury Yacht Island Hopping
* Dragon Hill: Bright, pink flamingos thrive as we walk by a brackish lagoon to the trail which leads across typical dry zone vegetation. Dragon Hill is an important nesting ground for endemic land iguanas, not to mention incredible views & photograph opportunities anchored boats and neighboring islands at the top. The surrounding forest is home to mockingbirds, Darwin’s finches, yellow warblers, and Galapagos doves.
* Bartolome Island: Formed by different volcanic parasitic cones known as lava bombs, spatter, & cinder cones, the combination will feel as if we are walking on the moon. En-route to the summit, impressive views of the surrounding islands, including the eroded tuff cone Pinnacle Rock make for incredible & iconic panoramic photographs. We’ll also encounter & photograph marine iguanas, lava lizards, and blue-footed boobies along the way. Next, we’ll make our way down to the beach for snorkeling and a chance to see the famous Galapagos Penguins, sea turtles, and White-tipped Reef Sharks among a great variety of colorful fish.
* All Ground & Water Transfers Included
* Round trip domestic flight Included (Guayaquil (GYE) –> Galapagos (GPS), 450.00-550.00 USD value)
* International airfare not included but we’re happy to help you find the best flights as always. (Flying into & out of GYE)
We’re beyond excited to announce our new partnership with the extremely successful non-profit, Not Just Tourist. For 25 years their “mission is to help those who urgently need healthcare by matching tourists who are visiting developing countries with local clinics and hospitals in need of medical supplies. Not Just Tourists is the meeting point for travelers and donors. We provide the facilities and connections for hospitals, clinics, and medical suppliers to donate materials, and then we pack them into suitcases for world travelers to bring them where they’re needed most in the countries they’re already visiting anyway!”
On many PhotoFly Adventures going forward we’ll be working with NJT to bring suitcases filled with medical supplies to clinics and hospitals in the same regions we’ll already be exploring!
*If you’re interested in helping out and are signed up for a trip in 2019 already, please email us and we’ll let you know the details and options for that particular trip.
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.