Iconic Vietnam & Paradise Thailand
February 26th - March 6th, 2024 (3 Spots Left)
We've combined the most iconic parts of Vietnam and the most beautiful islands in Thailand for a 1-2 punch of awesome adventure! This time we explore the southern region of Vietnam. Great food, iconic architecture, and a storied history make Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) the perfect place to begin. The one-of-a-kind floating markets along the Southern Mekong River Delta are a must and lots of amazing images will be captured here before moving on to paradise in Thailand. The Phi Phi Islands are arguably the most beautiful in the whole country, with snorkeling, diving, island hopping, iconic limestone mountains, and fine white sand beaches to keep us enthralled for days. Don't miss this one-of-a-kind adventure on our Vietnam & Thailand small group tours.
E-mail us at email@example.com for the daily itinerary!
Iconic Vietnam (5 Nights)
Covering the Mekong Delta, the extreme southern end of the river, and the area around Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Southern Vietnam is unique and stands out as one of the most important regions in all of Southeast Asia. Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) is a "compelling clash of commercial clout and colonial grandeur, showcasing soaring skyscrapers next to tree-lined boulevards, and a lingering aura of French finesse." -Frommer's
The whole region is a rich and lush area covered with rice fields thanks to the nutrient soil from the upper Mekong. It produces half of the total of Vietnam's agricultural output (in fact the delta produces more rice than Korea and Japan altogether!). The timeless scenery of farmers planting or harvesting rice makes for incredible photos and the delta's complex system creates a maze of small canals, rivers, and seasonal creeks interspersed with colorful villages and bustling floating markets. - from Wikitravel.org
* Experience Ho Chi Minh City (Privately guided tour: See Notre Dame, Hotel d'Ville, Ben Thanh Market, Dong Khoi street, Tao Dan Park, Reunification Palace, Jade Pagoda, China Town, & Sky Tower)
* Street Food Adventure (Discover and taste the best ready-to-eat food the city has to offer. Interspersed with visits to hidden temples, the colorful flower market at Ho Thi Ki, and a host of other charming spots, we start the day off with some food and fun with local vendors as we meander and eat our way through Saigon’s myriad of hectic backstreets and alleyways.)
* Cu Chi tunnels (Visit the vast underground network of tunnels built first as a defense against the French, and later expanded during the American war)
* Floating Markets of Cai Be & Cai Rang (Sampan ride through the floating markets colorfully congested with women and children jostling for space and vying to sell their wares)
* Khmer Pagoda in Can Tho City (The most beautiful Khmer pagoda in the Mekong Delta!)
* Bike Cruise at Cai Son Canal (Cruise along Rau Ram Creek and enjoy the tree gardens laden with fruits, pass the monkey bridges, and snap an image of ladies rowing their boats to bring fruit home after harvest. The leisurely ride ends at an orchard to enjoy some Mekong fruit and tea!)
Paradise Thailand (4 Nights)
"With white-sand bays, technicolor coral reefs, and jungle-covered karst formations emerging from turquoise seas, Thailand's islands and beaches are everyone's dream of a tropical paradise." - Lonely Planet
The Phi Phi Archipelago
"With their curvy, bleached beaches and stunning jungle interiors, Phi-Phi Don and Phi-Phi Leh – collectively known as Ko Phi-Phi – are the darlings of the Andaman Coast. The smaller Ko Phi-Phi Leh is undeveloped and hotel-free, its coral reefs and crystal-clear waters overseen by soaring, jagged cliffs create an iconic tropical wonderland" - Lonely Planet
* Island Hopping & Snorkeling Adventure (Discover all 5 islands of the Koh Phi Phi archipelago including hidden gems of Nui and Wang Long Bay.)
* Archipelago Highlights (Cruise, swim, & snorkel in Pi-Leh Lagoon and Loh Samah Bay and witness Viking Cave & Monkey Beach)
* Bamboo Island (Relax on the beach and enjoy lunch overlooking the crystal clear waters)
* Snorkel the Best Reefs (Stops throughout the day at premiere locations including Rantee Bay, Mosquito Island, Hin Klang & Phaknam Bays)
* Maya Bay (Discover the world-famous bay after the crowds depart. With its dramatic karst cliffs, fine white sand, and coin-shaped, turquoise-hued bay, this tropical wonderland meets even Hollywood’s standards for a paradise worth filming)
* Sunset & Glowing Night Swim (Capture the stunning colors of sunset shimmering off the Andaman Sea before jumping back in the water for a once-in-a-lifetime evening swim among the glowing plankton in Tonsai Bay!)
* Jungle Trek with Epic Viewpoints (Optional) (Explore the lush jungle and hike to the best viewpoints overlooking the iconic islands' large rock formations connected by a large strip of sand. Plenty of awesome panoramas to snap throughout!)
* R&R in Paradise (Plenty of free time to lounge on the beach, cool off the in the pool & ocean, enjoy the sunset with a refreshing cocktail, & "DNA": Do Nothing At All!)
Single Supplement: $625.00
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 120 days (October 9th 2023) or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 120 days (October 10th 2023) prior to the trip departure date will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and paypal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options). *Hotels subject to change based on availability
COVID Cancellation Policy – Local Planet Travel Services OR Guest may cancel this reservation if the USA or country(s) we are visiting mandates a country-wide closure due to COVID. If this happens, you would receive a full refund. If guest chooses, the funds can remain on file and be applied for any future tour with PhotoFly Travel Club. *Please note bank merchant service fees when using a credit card are non-refundable.
MANDATORY VACCINE REQUIREMENT: The safety of all our guests is a top priority regardless of where our adventures take us. All travelers are required to have an approved COVID-19 vaccination to participate in this tour. Travelers that meet this mandatory requirement can join our adventures after 14 days have elapsed since their final dose. Proof of vaccination must be provided by emailing a copy of the participant's COVID-19 vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org upon sign-up. *Guests who are not vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt from this mandatory vaccine policy with proof from a certified medical professional.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3.7% credit card processing fee OR 3.6% PayPal* processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). PayPal Payments from outside the USA incur a 4.5% processing fee. Please mail check to avoid fees to:
Local Planet Travel
325 Rocky Slope Road, Suite 104-240
Greenville, SC 29607
*You can use a credit card on PayPal and do not need a PayPal account.
*We also accept no fee payments via Venmo & Zelle. Should you wish to pay via either method see the instructions below:
Venmo: Send trip payments to @photofly (www.venmo.com/photofly) *Do not choose the "refund protection" option because a fee is charged and we will not receive the full deposit amount.
Zelle: Send trip payments to email@example.com
*If mailing a check, please reserve your spot via the payment buttons below and select "check payments" on the checkout page.