Ultimate Vietnam Small Group Tours
"PhotoFly guides gave us a historical, cultural and environmental view of large cities, beautiful countryside and rural villages. The local guides could not have been kinder, fulfilling each and every traveler request and going above and beyond. We had a steady guide, steering the group to a marvelous and memorable trip. With gratitude!" - Ruth, Vietnam '23
We've really done it this time: A complete cultural and visually stunning adventure to the whole of Vietnam! This time we'll be exploring both the South & North, which in many ways are like two different countries (visually and culturally)! From the one-of-a-kind floating markets along the Southern Mekong River Delta, to the world-famous natural wonders at Halong Bay in the North, to the country's best beaches and tropical waters, we'll show you our favorite parts of this strikingly long country on our Vietnam small group tours.
E-mail us at email@example.com for the daily itinerary!
Southern Vietnam (3 Nights)
Covering the Mekong Delta, the extreme southern end of the river, and the area around Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Southern Vietnam is unique and stands out as one of the most important regions in all of Southeast Asia. Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) is a "compelling clash of commercial clout and colonial grandeur, showcasing soaring skyscrapers next to tree-lined boulevards, and a lingering aura of French finesse." -Frommer's
The whole region is a rich and lush area covered with rice fields thanks to the nutrient soil from the upper Mekong. It produces half of the total of Vietnam's agricultural output (in fact the delta produces more rice than Korea and Japan altogether!). Timeless scenery of farmers planting or harvesting rice make for incredible photo's here. The delta's complex system creates a maze of small canals, rivers, and seasonal creeks interspersed with colorful villages and bustling floating markets. - Paraphrased from Wikitravel.org
* Tour of Ho Chi Minh City (Notre Dame, Hotel d'Ville, Ben Thanh Market, & Dong Khoi street)
* Cu Chi tunnels (Visit the vast underground network of tunnels built first as a defense against the French, and later expanded during the American war)
* Floating Markets of Cai Be & Cai Rang (Sampan ride through the floating markets colorfully congested with women and children jostling for space and vying to sell their wares)
* Khmer Pagoda in Can Tho City (The most beautiful Khmer pagoda in the Mekong Delta!)
Northern Vietnam (5 Nights)
Northern Vietnam will take us through the Old Quarter of Hanoi on an interesting and delicious street food tour, to the stunning mountains among the hill tribes of the interior. A 3-day exotic cruise in Halong Bay will complete this part of the journey in the best way possible!
* Hanoi highlight city tour (Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Temple of Literature (Awesome photographs of the grounds and architecture here!)
* Unique Street Food Experience (Lunch and privately guided tour of the hidden but true taste of Hanoi on a discovery walk-through of Vietnamese street cuisine and culture)
* Explore the Old Quarter (Right outside our hotel, lots of great photos to be taken along the old streets, each well-known for a specialized industry. Silk clothing ready-made and tailored, embroidery, silver products, and so much more can be found at the different merchants.)
* Hill Tribes & Rice Paddies (A full-day adventure to Hoa Binh province filled with bright green rice paddies and colorful lowland ethnic minority tribes, mostly of nomadic Thai origin. We'll visit the "White Thai" Minority village of Mai Chau. Amazing cultural and landscape photos to be captured here!)
Cruise Halong Bay!
A great way to see spectacular Halong Bay is a slow cruise through the seemingly never-ending bay of islands. This breathtaking secluded harbor has 2,000 limestone monoliths rising from the emerald waters of the Bac Bo gulf. It is one of Vietnam's most scenic regions and has been referred to as the eighth Wonder of the World. Lay in the sun, enjoy a selection of the freshest seafood and take photograph after photograph. On our itinerary, the aim is to get off the beaten track while maintaining a leisurely pace. The size of the vessel allows passengers to get much closer to Halong Bay’s natural wonders, such as its pocket lagoons and small fishing communities.
* 2 night/3 Day all-inclusive cruise of the best & off the path destinations in Halong Bay
* Deluxe cabins w/ ensuite bathrooms and air conditioning on traditional Vietnamese style "Junk Boat"
* Explore Bai Tu Long Bay (The largest part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, most beautiful, off the path, and by far least crowded!)
* Explore, kayak, and swim among hidden beaches, lagoons, and magical sea caves!
Single Supplement: $620.00
Vietnam Central Coast: Tropical Paradise
If you’ve come all the way to Vietnam it would be a shame not to continue on with us to some of the best beaches and coastline the country has to offer. Relaxing in the sand and sun, snorkeling, & photographing the pristine beaches, and cultural oddities of the Central Coast (Da Nang & Hoi An) is not to be missed.
Da Nang (2 Nights)
"Nowhere in Vietnam is changing as fast as Da Nang. For decades it had a reputation as a provincial backwater, but big changes are ongoing. Stroll along the Han riverfront and you'll find gleaming new modernist hotels, and apartments and restaurants are emerging. Spectacular bridges now span the river, and in the north of the city, the landmark new D-City is rising from the flatlands. Venture south and the entire Dan Nang Beach
strip is booming with hotels and resorts" -Lonely Planet
* Free time to relax and enjoy the sand & sun!
* Optional Marble Mountains Adventure (Awesome photo ops of unique rock structures with pagodas carved right into the mountain itself!)
Hoi An (2 Nights)
Strolling along the waterfront in tranquil Hoi An, it’s hard to imagine that this riverine town was once an important port and major player in the Southeast Asian trading markets. Today, Hoi An’s Ancient Town is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and without doubt one of the most attractive destinations in Vietnam. This exceptionally well-preserved example of a trading port that was active between the 15th and 19th centuries and its design reflects centuries of influences from both local and foreign residents. Colorful scenes of traditional merchant houses painted yellow and blanketed in purple bougainvillea present picture-perfect scenes and as night falls, delicate silk lanterns create a rainbow of hues against the night sky. A destination in its own right, not only does Hoi An offer a diverse array of activities from cooking classes to bicycle rides, it is surrounded by natural beauty; from lush green rice fields to white sandy beaches.
Cu Lao Cham Island & Snorkel Adventure!
The Cham Islands are comprised of 8 small isles that make up the Cu Lao Cham Marine Park, an UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Cu Lao Cham Island showcases white sandy beaches, rocky cliffs, and crystal-clear turquoise waters. Hikers will appreciate the scenic views from forested trail heads & snorkelers will find coral, tiger shrimp and mollusks unique to this region, while lucky birders can peep Salanganes -- made famous by the country's bird's nest soup which these islands are known for...
* Swim, snorkel, & relax in the sun on Hon Nhon Island
* BBQ lunch on the unique Bai Chong beach
Single Supplement: $320.00
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 100 days (October 18th 2022) or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 100 days (October 19th 2022) prior to the trip departure date will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and paypal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options). *Hotels subject to change based on availability
COVID Cancellation Policy – Local Planet Travel Services OR Guest may cancel this reservation if the USA or country(s) we are visiting mandates a country-wide closure due to COVID. If this happens, you would receive a full refund. If guest chooses, the funds can remain on file and be applied for any future tour with PhotoFly Travel Club. *Please note bank merchant service fees when using a credit card are non-refundable.
MANDATORY VACCINE REQUIREMENT: The safety of all our guests is a top priority regardless of where our adventures take us. All travelers are required to have an approved COVID-19 vaccination to participate in this tour. Travelers that meet this mandatory requirement can join our adventures after 14 days have elapsed since their final dose. Proof of vaccination must be provided by emailing a copy of the participant's COVID-19 vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org upon sign-up. *Guests who are not vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt from this mandatory vaccine policy with proof from a certified medical professional.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3.7% credit card processing fee OR 3.6% PayPal* processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). PayPal Payments from outside the USA incur a 4.5% processing fee. Please mail check to avoid fees to:
Local Planet Travel
325 Rocky Slope Road, Suite 104-240
Greenville, SC 29607
*You can use a credit card on PayPal and do not need a PayPal account.
*We also accept no fee payments via Venmo & Zelle. Should you wish to pay via either method see the instructions below:
Venmo: Send trip payments to @photofly (www.venmo.com/photofly) *Do not choose the "refund protection" option because a fee is charged and we will not receive the full deposit amount.
Zelle: Send trip payments to email@example.com
*If mailing a check, please reserve your spot via the payment buttons below and select "check payments" on the checkout page.