This amazing part of the world has been long overdue for another adventure! This time we will explore the beauty, beaches, & iconic buildings of Sydney, The Great Barrier Reef around the stunning Whitsunday Islands, & the history, food, & cultural epicenter that is Melbourne! Our tour director, Andrew Skarvinko, and travel club founder, Steve Juba, used to live in Sydney and have explored much of the "Land Down Under". We're excited to show you some of our favorite parts of the great country of Australia!
Sydney: 3 Nights
As Australia’s largest city, Sydney embraces its harbor, taking the sea and natural waterways to its heart. The grand style ofthe Sydney Opera House has made the city the landmark of the South Pacific. Sydney, with some 4 million people is the oldest, biggest, and liveliest city in Australia. Sydney’s facilities for sightseeing and holiday activities are unequaled by any other Australian city. It is a paradise for surfers, swimmers, yachtsmen, fishermen, and golfers. Full of history and great nightlife, the choice of things to do in Sydney is endless.
- Privately Guided City Tour throughout highlights of Sydney (Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Darling Harbor, "The Rocks" historic district, Parliament House, Kings Cross, Watson's Bay, Bondi Beach)
- Free time to explore the streets and world-class beaches Sydney has to offer.
Port Stevens & Nelson Bay Full Day Adventure:
Discover the beautiful North Coast region of Port Stephens, with its diverse blue water paradise, its pristine waterways, golden sandy beaches, eco diverse marina, and National Parks.
- Port Stevens Dolphin Watch Cruise: Search for pods of bottlenose dolphins and watch as they play on the bow waves.
- 4WD Sand Dunes Adventure: Experience the grandeur and tranquility of this local desert wilderness and try sandboarding, a thrill you will never forget.
The Whitsunday Islands & Great Barrier Reef: 4 Nights
A great way for you to experience everything the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef has to offer. Witness the whitest sand in the world on Whitehaven Beach, feast your eyes on the most exotic marine life in the beautiful waters of the Great Barrier Reef, and get up close and personal with a collection of native animals including koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, wombats and various reptiles at Wild Life Hamilton Island.
Great Barrier Reef Full Day Adventure
The Great Barrier Reef is truly one of the great wonders of the natural world and a “must-see” for any visitor to Australia. Getting there is half the fun onboard 'Seaflight', the 37-metre wavepiercer, ideally suited to outer reef cruising.
- “Reefworld” Pontoon: adjacent to Hardy Reef, we'll have a choice of areas to relax and a great range of activities. There
are numerous ways to explore the reef, from the underwater viewing chamber to the semi-submersible submarines, or snorkeling & diving!
- Morning tea, afternoon tea, and a sumptuous buffet lunch included
- Snorkel Gear (fins & mask, wetsuit) included
- Intro and certified diving options (additional cost)
- Scenic helicopter flights (additional cost)
Whitehaven Beach Cruise and Island Exploration
See the very best of the Whitsunday Islands National Park on our fully guided half day cruise. Sit back, breathe in the sea air, sip a wine or beer, and marvel at the 74 Island Wonders of the Whitsundays, starting with views of Passage Peak and the imposing Pentecost Island.
- Guided cruise with informative commentary on the history and natural wonders of the area.
- World-famous Whitehaven Beach: The crystal clear aqua waters and pristine white silica sand stretch for over seven kilometers along Whitsunday Island, the largest of the 74 islands in the Whitsundays. It is Mother Nature at her best - the most photographed beach in Australia and named “Queensland’s Most Beautiful Beach”.
- Wander along the beach to your own secluded stretch, laze on the beach, or cool off in the azure waters.
Explore Hamilton Island
- Entry into "Wild Life Hamilton Island": Get up close and personal with a collection of native animals including koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, wombats, and various reptiles.
- Relax and explore the beaches of Hamilton Island: Catseye Beach is one of the best with easy access from our hotel. A perfect spot for relaxing, swimming, and enjoying a whole range of fun water sports. You can also explore the sand flats at low tide and see the island from a different perspective.
- Use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers, and snorkeling equipment
- Use of gym, spa, & sauna
- Unlimited use of the scheduled ‘Island Shuttle’ service
Melbourne: 4 Nights
Simply stated, Melbourne is friendly elegance and Australia’s cosmopolitan and sophisticated lifestyle capital. Enjoy Melbourne’s “Old World charm” as you stroll through formal gardens, boat on the lazy Yarra River, wander down broad, tree-lined avenues, admire stately buildings, or shop in the fine boutiques. There is a wonderfully friendly welcome found in the charming sidewalk cafes, the delightful trams, and the streets and markets of distinctive ethnic neighborhoods.
- Private guided city tour throughout the highlights of Melbourne (eclectic architecture of central business district, Captain Cook's Cottage in the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens, Botanical Gardens, Queen Victorian Markets, Shrine of Remembrance, St Patrick's Cathedral).
-Unique, privately guided Lanes & Arcades walking tour:
- 4 handpicked venues
- Expert commentary
- Uncover Melbourne’s cutest laneways filled with anything from art to cafes to day spas
- Drink some awesome coffee & sample handmade macaroons
- Try authentic Chinese dumplings
- Highlight some of Melbourne’s best designer fashion stores
- Finish at Melbourne’s nicest rooftop bar for a glass of bubbles to cheers the day!
Wilsons Promontory Full Day Adventure
Australia´s best-kept secret, Wilsons Promontory or “the Prom” as it is affectionately known to many people, is one of Victoria´s most loved and cherished natural attractions. Located at the southernmost point of mainland Australia, this wildlife haven will inspire and intrigue even the most discerning traveler, with its panoramic views, pristine white beaches, coastal forests, cool climate rain forests and well preserved walking tracks.
- 3-4 hours of bushwalking & exploring: Enjoy an amazing hiking experience and be astounded by some of Victoria´s best vistas on this bushwalking adventure!
- Wildlife: The prom is home to many marsupials, such as kangaroos and wombats, native birds, and other native animals such as emus, which with a little luck we are able to see up close.
- Hike through some of the spectacular tracks such as Mt Bishop, Vereker Outlook, or Pillar Point (easy – medium graded walks).
- Squeaky Beach: Be entertained by the pure white quartz ‘singing sands´ as we walk towards Tidal River.
- Breathtaking Coastal Views: Soak up the spectacular scenery, where the mountains meet the ocean.
Single Supplement: $969.00
E-mail us at email@example.com for the daily itinerary!
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 120 days or more prior to the trip departure date (December 2nd, 2021) are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 120 days prior to the trip departure date (December 2nd, 2021) will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and PayPal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options).
COVID Cancellation Policy – Local Planet Travel Services OR Guest may cancel this reservation if the USA or country(s) we are visiting mandates a country-wide closure due to COVID. If this happens, you would receive a full refund. If guest chooses, the funds can remain on file and be applied for any future tour with PhotoFly Travel Club. *Please note bank merchant service fees when using a credit card are non-refundable.
MANDATORY VACCINE REQUIREMENT: The safety of all our guests is a top priority regardless of where our adventures take us. All travelers are required to have an approved COVID-19 vaccination to participate in this tour. Travelers that meet this mandatory requirement can join our adventures after 14 days has elapsed since their final dose. Proof of vaccination must be provided by emailing a copy of the participants COVID-19 vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org upon sign up. *Guests who are not vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt from this mandatory vaccine policy with proof from a certified medical professional.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3.7% credit card processing fee OR 3.6% PayPal* processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). PayPal Payments from outside the USA incur a 4.5% processing fee. Please mail check to avoid fees to:
Local Planet Travel
325 Rocky Slope Road, Suite 104-240
Greenville, SC 29607
*We also accept no fee payments via Venmo & Zelle. Should you wish to pay via either method see the instructions below:
Venmo: Send trip payments to @photofly (www.venmo.com/photofly)
Zelle: Send trip payments to email@example.com
*If mailing a check, please reserve your spot via the above trip page and select "check payments" on the checkout page.