Today we’re excited to re-release our much anticipated Ultimate Botswana Safari & Best of Cape Town Adventure.This trip sold out in less than a week last year and many of those guests have already confirmed for these rescheduled dates. In other words, space is limited so get your deposits in ASAP!
AND, we’ve re-scheduled our 2020 Antarctic Expedition to January 2022. Almost all who were signed up for this year’s trip have re-scheduled so only a handful of spots are left. Become part of this once-in-a-lifetime experience with us while you still can!
Lastly, Colorful Cuba is filling up fast. Only 8 spots remain. Join us!
Ultimate Botswana Safari & Best of Cape Town
May 1st – 10th 2021
- 9 nights/10 Days Botswana Luxury Camp Safari & South Africa (Cape Town and Southern Coast)
- 4 Nights/5 Days Mobile “Glamping” Safari in the Okavango Delta
- 5 Nights/6 Days throughout the best of Cape Town & the Southern Cape (Garden Route!)
- Round Trip Charter Flights to/from Okavango Delta Included (600.00 USDValue!)
- One way International Flight Botswana → South Africa Included (400 USD Value!)
- Breakfast Everyday
- Farewell Dinner Celebration
- Privately guided adventures throughout
Part 1: Botswana’s Okavango Delta (4 Nights)
– Lonely Planet
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner every day (All beverages including alcohol included)
- 2 Game Drives or other Safari Activities every day
- Solar panel charging stations for cameras and other technology
- Luxury Tents Include:
- Beds (real, high-quality mattresses) w/ headboards, bedside tables, & lamps
- Ensuite bathrooms w/ flush toilets & hot water showers
Moremi Game Reserve, Okavango Delta
The reserve is a protected area located on the eastern side of the Okavango Delta in Botswana. It’s here that we’ll experience the wonderland of waterways, floodplains, lagoons, woodland, and savannah that so many beautiful creatures call home. With such diverse habitats, we can expect a wide range of wildlife and a beautiful array of birds.
* The “Big Five”: Lions, Leopards, Cape Buffalo, Elephants, & *Rhino (*Both black and white rhino have been reintroduced in the reserve, although sightings are still rare. All the other “Big Five” are easily spotted)
* An Abundance of Wildlife: Giraffe, Cheetah, Baboon, Impala, Spotted Hyena, Blue Wildebeest, Burchells Zebra, Hippo, Warthog, Bushbuck, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Waterbuck, Wild Dog, Jackal, Bat-eared fox, Clawless, Cape & Spotted-necked Otter (Water areas), Marabou Storks, Saddle-billed Stork, Wattle Cranes…to name just a few!
* Game Drives: An open vehicle offers all-round views and an elevated aspect which helps considerably when searching afar for game. Each day, morning & afternoon game drives offer opportunities to experience and photograph the best Africa has to offer…
* Motorboat & Mokoro Canoe River Safaris: The surreal silence of the Delta is best experienced from a makoro, a traditional canoe-like vessel commonly used in the Okavango Delta as a popular mode of transport, and now utilized for game viewing safaris. Gliding through the tranquil papyrus waterways will be an experience we’ll never forget and some fantastic images can be captured from this unique vantage point.
Part 2: South Africa’s Cape Town & the Remarkable Garden Route
Cape Town (3 Nights)
* The “Mother City”: Experience the best of South Africa’s world-class city.
– Cable Car to Table Mountain: Enjoy the fresh air & capture stunning photographs as we ascend to the summit of the most iconic landmark in South Africa.
– City Highlights Driving Excursion: Our drive takes us by the president’s official residence, Houses of Parliament, City Hall, The Cape of Good Hope Castle, Green Market Square, and the Company Gardens.
– Signal Hill & the Noon Gun: From the top, photograph the stunning views of Table Bay Harbor, city center, Atlantic Ocean, & Table Mountain before witnessing the firing of the noon gun (cannon).
– The “Bo-Kaap”: Also known as the Malay Quarter, the architecture in this area is typical of what Cape Town was like 200 years ago.
– Traditional Cooking Demonstration & Lunch: Capture images of this interesting cooking demonstration, and learn how to fold samosas & mix Masala for Cape Malay Curry, before digging into a traditional, full course Cape Malay lunch!
– Explore Cape Point: An exciting road trip takes us to all the best beaches, bays, & viewpoints as we flank back & forth between the Atlantic and Indian coastlines, arriving at the meeting place of these two mighty oceans.
– Charming Hout Bay & “Seal Island” Cruise: Photograph the colorful fishing boats in this small harbor before hopping on a cruise for a first-hand view of the kelp forests and abundant sea life around Duiker Island (“Seal Island”).
– Cape Point & the Cape of Good Hope: Said to be the romantic meeting place of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans, the explorer Sir Francis Drake once called it “the fairest Cape that we saw in the whole circumference of the Globe”.
– Boulders Beach & the Penguin Colony: Humans and penguins alike treasure this beautiful beach, protected from the wind & large waves by her ancient granite boulders.
– Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens: Home to some 3,500 species of Southern African flora and fauna, we’ll discover this beautiful, green sanctuary on a guided walk through the forest floor, into and through the trees, and pop out above the canopy, giving spectacular panoramic vistas of the surrounding mountains, garden, and Cape Flats.
Hermanus, the Garden Route, & Cape Winelands (2 Nights)
* Astounding Abalone: Learn about the history of abalone in South Africa, the biology of this mysterious mollusk, and the abalone photo tours unfortunate demise of wild stocks due to over-harvest and poaching. We’ll boot-up for a guided walk to experience the aquaculture industry of abalone farming firsthand on one of the oldest and largest abalone farms in South Africa, Abagold.
* Wine Tasting Safari: Our safari-style vehicles offer a distinctively South African experience for us to take in the beauty and ‘champagne air’ of the picturesque Hemel & Aarde Valley vineyards while exploring their world-class wineries.
- This entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, composing better images, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
- International Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight if needed! (Flying into Maun International Airport (MUB) and departing from Cape Town International Airport (CPT) Specific arrival/departure times needed TBD…)
- Privately guided small group tour as always!
- All Taxes & Fees included
- All Transfers and ground transportation included
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
We’re beyond excited to announce our new partnership with the extremely successful non-profit, Not Just Tourist. For 25 years their “mission is to help those who urgently need healthcare by matching tourists who are visiting developing countries with local clinics and hospitals in need of medical supplies. Not Just Tourists is the meeting point for travelers and donors. We provide the facilities and connections for hospitals, clinics, and medical suppliers to donate materials, and then we pack them into suitcases for world travelers to bring them where they’re needed most in the countries they’re already visiting anyway!”
On many PhotoFly Adventures going forward we’ll be working with NJT to bring suitcases filled with medical supplies to clinics and hospitals in the same regions we’ll already be exploring!
*If you’re interested in helping out and are signed up for a trip in 2019 already, please email us and we’ll let you know the details and options for that particular trip.
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.