After the pandemic prevented our trip this year, we’re determined to get the Eastern Europe Adventure back on the calendar in 2022. Join us in Poland, Czech Republic, & Hungary for a journey filled with culture, food, architecture & natural beauty… for real this time! Check out more details below and fill out the form on the trip page for the daily itinerary. We can’t wait!
Jewels of Eastern Europe
Poland, Czech Republic, & Hungary
July 27th – August 5th 2022
- 9 nights/10 days throughout the best of Eastern Europe
- Breakfast Daily
- 1 lunch, 2 Dinners
- Domestic flight INCLUDED! (Prague –> Budapest)
Poland: 2 Nights
- Auschwitz: Visit and learn about the important and tragic history of the world’s most infamous concentration camp during the Nazi Regime.
Czech Republic: 4 Nights
One of the country’s most vibrant cultural centers, with more than one thousand years of history, Krakow is undoubtedly the spiritual heart of Poland. “If you believe the legends, Kraków was founded on the defeat of a dragon, and it’s true a mythical atmosphere permeates its attractive streets and squares.” -Lonely Planet
- Sloupsko-Šošůvské Caves: En route to Cesky, we’ll make a must stop at this mind-boggling wonder of nature. These are the largest accessible caves in the Czech Republic with an extensive complex of caverns, corridors, and chasms. An exciting guided adventure into the abyss will be a real highlight during our time in this remarkable country.
- Privately guided city tour throughout Cesky Krumlov
- Chateau Cesky Krumlov: This 13th-century gothic castle stands proud overlooking the quaint historical epicenter of Moravia. A delight for our eyes and camera’s inside & out; lavish interiors, fascinating history, gorgeous castle gardens, and architecture that brings us back in time!
- Castle Tower: The iconic symbol of the great history and beauty that is Cesky Krumlov. Once characterized as “The towerest of all towers”, we’ll have the opportunity to climb all the way to the top & witness the outstanding view all around with cameras in hand!
- Privately guided walking tour through Old Town: Highlights, as we stroll through the medieval streets as if it were still the 13th century, include the Renaissance town hall, former Jesuit hall of residents, Gothic Church of St.Vit, former Town Brewery, Renaissance House, Old Mill, Barber´s House, Old Orphanage and Hospital, aqueduct view bridge, Castle Gardens with Baroque Fountain, Roccoco House, & beautifully preserved Latran Quarter Houses.
- Privately guided city tour throughout Kutna Hora: Highlights include the Gothic Cathedral of St. Barbara, Assumption of Our Lady and St John the Baptist Cathedral, and the Little All Saints Church situated in the middle of a picturesque cemetery, famous for its elaborate ossuary decorated with the skulls of former monks!
- Privately guided city tour of Prague
- Magical Old Town square with the Tyn Church clock
- Jewish Quarter: Filled with culture, history, and architecture. An iconic treasure of the city
- Atmospheric 15th Century Charles Bridge: One of the most famous bridges in Europe crossing the Vltava river connects the Castle Quarter with the rest of the city.
- Castle Quarter: Filled with amazing cobblestone streets, shops, cathedrals, & Prague Castle (1,000-year-old symbol of Czech statehood). Highlights here will include the Royal Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral, and St. George Monastery.
Hungary: 3 Nights
- Private guided city tours of Buda & Pest sides
- Castle Hill: See & photograph the Neo-Gothic Matthias Church and Fisherman’s Bastion
- Relax and soak in Budapest’s famous Gellert Thermal Baths: Known world-wide, the baths were built in the Art Nouveau style and opened in 1918.
- Visit the striking 19th century Parliament
- Visit the Great Synagogue: the world’s second-largest!
Lake Balaton & her surrounding gems!
- Veszprém: First stop takes us to the ’Northern Capital’ of Balaton, with an impressive castle & the beautiful Basilica of St Michael on Castle Hill.
- Balatonfüred: Next stop is the delightful resort and spa town on Hungary’s largest lake where we’ll visit the Old Hospital, 19th Century Old Town Harbor, Round Church, Kossuth Spring, & The Park of Celebrities, with statues of poets, politicians, and scientists.
- Tihany & her 1000-year-old Abbey: We’ll discover the 11th-century abbey and photograph the magnificent views of the lake from the hill this 11th-century gem is perched upon.
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.