South Island Adventure
March 2nd-13th, 2020 (ONE SPOT LEFT!)
Don’t forget to check out our adventure-filled New Zealand North Island Adventure Extension! (SPACE STILL AVAILABLE)
Our outrageously popular adventure throughout New Zealand is back! Join us and experience the best off the path gems & must-see highlights of New Zealand’s South Island. The South Island IS the adventure isle of the world with rolling green pastures, sandy beaches, the towering Southern Alps mountain range, mirror blue lakes, glaciers, fjords, and so much more! The famed Queenstown has even been coined the “Adrenaline Capital of the World”. On this group adventure, we’ll hit so many of these beautiful and diverse places. The amazing photographic opportunities are endless with a myriad of landscapes, climates, and sub-cultures.
Don’t forget to check out our adventure-filled New Zealand North Island Adventure Extension!
E-mail us at email@example.com for the daily itinerary!
* 11 nights/12 days throughout the best of New Zealand’s South Island
* Private Kiwi guide throughout who knows New Zealand like no other!
* Breakfast Everyday
* 2 lunches, 2 Dinners (Including Welcome and Farewell Dinner Celebrations)
Christchurch → Kaikoura → Nelson/Abel Tasman National Park: 4 Nights
From the very start, we’ll hit the ground running with a night in the “Garden City” of Christchurch, NZ’s South Island capital, before heading up on our first
epic road trip along the gorgeous northeast coast. Our first stop is Kaikoura where we can go whale watching and swim with dolphins! Then on to Nelson, the sunshine capital of NZ. We’ll spend an awesome day in Abel Tasman National Park amongst the stunning bush, ocean cliffs, waterfalls, and sandy beaches.
– Explore the earthquake ridden city of Christchurch, still beautiful with parks and interesting street art as major rebuilding is taking place (cool photos to be taken all around)
– Drive-up the East Coast arriving in Kaikoura where we’ll have the option of going on a whale watch cruise with a 95% chance of sightings or opportunity to swim with wild dusky dolphins!
– Stop at Ohau Point to encounter juvenile seal pups near a magnificent waterfall!
– Explore Abel Tasman National Park: A boat trip with beach landing takes us to this coastal wonderland where we can relax on the beach or hike along the coastal track through lush forest and over river swing bridges. (Optional kayak tours and other guided hikes available). So many opportunities for stunning photos throughout this day.
Greymouth & Franz Josef Glacier: 2 Nights
– Cross the gorgeous Southern Alps with photo stops en route, arriving in Punakaiki to see and photograph the unique Pancake Rock formations
– Guided walk through the Truman Track in Paparoa National Park (Unspoilt sub-tropical forest, podocarp and rata trees, vines, and nikau palms everywhere)
– Greymouth: Stop for the night in this quaint coastal town on the west coast. (Considered the heart of the west coast, the town is famous for its rich history of jade hunting, gold mining, and dramatic river floods)
– Franz Josef Glacier: See and photograph this unique glacier, one of only a few in the world that descends into a temperate rain forest. (Guided walking tour gets close as possible to the terminal face of the glacier, optional helicopter hikes or scenic heli rides with glacier landings, end the day relaxing in soothing hot pools fed by natural springs nearby (optional)
Queenstown & Milford Sound: 3 Nights
– Lake Matheson: En route to Queenstown we’ll take a short walk along the shores of this beautiful mirror lake (hopefully the water will be still for some awesome shots!)
– Check out Arrowtown nearby, a small village rich in history for its gold mining past (Many original shacks and structures from the gold mining era still stand today)
– Free time to explore Queenstown on your own. Several optional activities are available including bungy jumping, sky diving, Skyline Gondola, horseback riding, wine tours, ATV tours, and more!
– TSS Earnslaw historic steamship ride to Walter Peak Farm for a kiwi style gourmet BBQ lunch and farm show.
– Mind-Blowing Milford Sound Exploration & Cruise: This is a place that potentially tops all others in New Zealand (and that’s saying a lot!). So magical in fact, that famed British writer Rudyard Kipling deemed Milford Sound an 8th Wonder of the World. Numerous waterfalls decorate the walls of the cliffs and shower down into the sea. Explore & photograph the gigantic fjords, and if we’re lucky, see fur seals, dusky & bottlenose dolphins, & the rare Fiordland Crested Penguin!
Lake Tekapo → Christchurch: 2 Nights
– Travel through the middle of the South Island to the MacKenzie area and Lake Tekapo (Amazing views and photographs to be taken of the Southern Alps with the Church of the Good Shepherd in the foreground)
– Super clear skies make Lake Tekapo the best place for star & planet gazing (Optional Mt. John Observatory Astronomy Tour)
– Relax our muscles in the Tekapo Hot Springs under the stars (Optional)
– Visit Mt Cook Village (Photo ops of New Zealand’s tallest mountain and Lake Pukaki with its gorgeous turquoise glacier water)
* PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!
* International Airfare is not included. We are happy to help you find a good flight as always! (Flying into & departing from Christchurch (CHC) (South Island Only) / Flying into Christchurch (CHC) & Departing from Auckland (AKL) if joining North Island Extension)
* All Taxes, Fees, & Transfers Included
* DON’T FORGET to check out our once in a lifetime New Zealand North Island Adventure Extension!
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the daily itinerary!
Only ONE SPOT LEFT (Single occupancy)
*For our solo travelers, we will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
Single Supplement: $1150.00
*Refundable Deposit: 600.00
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3.2% processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). Payments from outside the USA incur a 4.5% processing fee. Please mail payment to avoid fee to:
Local Planet Travel
1754 Woodruff Road, #211
Greenville, SC 29607
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 120 days or more before trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 120 days before the trip departure date will receive no refund of the full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. Credit card fees and paypal processing fees cannot be refunded. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options)
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40