Greece’s mediterranean island gems and stunning, off the path mainland destinations are beckoning again! We couldn’t resist so it’s back on the calendar for May 2024! You just won’t find another Greece itinerary like this one. A taste of history in and around Athens, followed by some of the most incredible mountains, ruins, lakes, and villages throughout central & northern Greece. We top it off with amazing beaches, dramatic limestone cliffs, arches, coastlines, & turquoise waters all around our favorite Greek Islands! Not to mention, the weather in Greece is PERFECT this time of year!
Mystical Israel & Timeless Jordan is fast approaching! We still have space for shared & single rooms and are looking for a female who wants a roommate. We’ve combined the best on & off the path experiences throughout the mystical land of Israel and Jordan, the epicenter of thriving middle east life, home to remarkable deserts loved by Hollywood, & Petra, a wonder of the world that must be experienced at least once in your life!
More trip overviews below…
Greece, Best of the Best: Mainland & Islands
May 19th – 30th, 2024
You just won’t find another Greece small group tour like this one… A taste of history in and around Athens, followed by some of the most incredible mountains, ruins, lakes, & villages throughout central & northern Greece, & topped off with amazing beaches, classic Greek island architecture, & turquoise waters all around our favorite Greek Islands! Not to mention, the weather in Greece is THE BEST this time of year! Last year the trip sold out in 24 hrs! Don’t hesitate to get your deposits in ASAP!
- 11 nights/12 day Adventure
- Breakfast every day
- 2 Lunches & 4 Dinners included
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner Included
- Privately Guided Adventures Throughout
Athens: A taste of the Gods (2 nights)
*Explore Athens: Guided excursions to the various & remarkable highlights including Constitution square, Monastiraki and flea market area, national library, Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, Herod Atticus street, the Panathenaic Stadium (first modern Olympic games in 1896), Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Zeus, & of course, the Acropolis & Parthenon with the Acropolis new museum.
Central & Northern Greece: Where the real gems are found… (3 nights)
Mystical Delphi: Amazing photography and breathtaking scenery from the slopes of Mount Parnassus await. The Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi is known as the home for the most famous oracle of ancient Greece and during this time was regarded as the center of the world!
* Meteora: A real photography highlight on our Greece small group adventure, this region is famous for its beautiful monasteries standing between earth and sky atop huge pinnacle rocks. The unique formations of these small mountains are like Greece’s version of the incredible Buddhist monasteries of the Himalayas. The history, treasures, and beautiful architecture of the ancient Byzantine monasteries is like the icing on the cake!
* Monodendri Village: The small town of slate-roofed houses has a handful of great tavernas and some amazing churches including the triple-bell Church of Agios Athanasios and the 17th-century Church of Agios Minas.
* Vikos gorge: Formerly regarded by the Guinness Book of World Records as the deepest canyon in the world at almost 3000 ft, this geological wonder has incredible hikes with views for the Gods! Amazing photo ops here with mother nature pulling out all the stops for our eyes & lenses!
The Greek Isles: Zakythnos & Corfu (6 nights)
Zakynthos: “The Ionian’s Flower of The East”
* Shipwrecks, Caves, & Epic Beaches: An incredible day of exploration by traditional Kaiki boat along Zakynthos’ dramatic west coast! Highlights include a sumptuous beach bbq, exploration of the mystical blue caves, isolated paradise on Sfogio beach, the mind-blowing, world-famous Navagio Beach (Shipwreck Beach), & “Hidden Treasure Cave”!
* Sea Turtles, the Keri Caves, & Charming Villages: A charming traditional Greek village is the launching point for our day’s exploration along the sea to the astonishingly beautiful Keri Sea Caves & Marathonisi Island (Turtle Island!), where we’ll walk the beach in search of sea turtles and their nests! Back at the little village, we’ll enjoy dinner at a tavern with local music known as kandades, an interesting music style unique to the Ionian Islands which uses melodic songs accompanied by mandolin and guitar with improvised lyrics!
Corfu: The Grand Lady of the Ionian Islands
* Corfu Town: An Unesco World Heritage Site, this historic center’s colonial British and Venetian buildings with neoclassical influences will dazzle us and our cameras. Highlights include the Palace of St Michael and St Georgiou, Liston Arcade, Maitland rotunda, Ionian Parliament, and the Kapodistrias family mansion. The famous alleyways of Campiello feature washing lines hanging from above and opulent hotels creating an atmosphere straight from a period movie!
* Paleokastritsa Village: Arguably the most beautiful village on the entire island, Paleokastritsa offers a plethora of local taverns overlooking the blue bay and six idyllic beaches dotting the coastline surrounded by olive tree forests unchanged for millennia!
* Achilleion Palace: Located in a place of mesmerizing beauty with the winding coast below, this palace is renowned not only for its classical architecture but its impeccably landscaped garden, topping off a picture-perfect scene!
* Sidari: Live music, Greek dancing, & one of the best beaches on Corfu sum up this small-town gem.
* Corfu Photography Adventure: We’ll head back out on another adventure throughout the highland but this time with a focus on off the path jewels perfect for amazing images! Impressive caves, breathtaking cliff views, isolated Byzantine monasteries, & stone-made villages are just some of the highlights we’ll explore and photograph.
- As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and our tour leader will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their cameras, taking better pictures, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
- All Taxes, Tours, & Entrance Fees included as per itinerary
- All Transfers and ground transportation included
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always! Avoid the single supplement!
- International Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flights upon request! (Flying into and out of Athens International Airport (ATH) )
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.