Please pack light!!! We cannot stress this enough. You won’t need much clothing and we DO have a washer and dryer for everyone to use! Most important is to have the proper footwear. A few of the destinations we will go to will require a short 1⁄2 – 1 mile hikes). There will be 1 longer hike ranging between 3-5 miles. We HIGHLY recommend covered toe hiking sandals (Keens or similar). A fanny pack &/OR a small backpack is a must along with sunscreen (waterproof), hat, and sunglasses.
A few small and large zip lock bags and camera rain covers/sleeves is highly recommended to protect all electronics when it rains (and IT WILL, considering it’s the lushest island of Hawaii with the wettest spot in the world right in the center!)
Since we all likely have expensive photography equipment we strongly suggest going to REI (or nearest sportswear/outdoor store) or Amazon.com and buy a small-medium sized DRYBAG which will guarantee protection from the wet weather.
There is no need to bring snorkel gear with you on the plane unless you really prefer your own or have a prescription mask. Masks and snorkels are included.
If you have your own fins please bring them as they are not included. They will be available to rent for $8-10.00 for the whole week.
Please bring a warm jacket and/or pullover as it can get cool on some evenings and when we are at higher elevations.
On the first day we will be doing a large grocery run for everyone to stock up on food & snacks for those who want their own items in addition to the all inclusive food and beverages throughout the trip. This is optional and there will be PLENTY of food, snacks, & *drinks throughout.
*Coffee, Tea, Wine, Mixed Drinks, & Juices comprise all beverage options. Water can be filled from the tap so we strongly recommend bringing a reusable water bottle.
- Suntan lotion
- Bug Spray/Repellant
- Water Bottle/ bladder (Please don’t forget to bring a water bottle!)
- Large & small zip lock bags to protect cameras and other technology
- Camera, extra memory cards, laptop, tripod, lenses, filters, external hard drive, etc (we recommend a wide angle, mid range, and telephoto)
- Camera rain covers/sleeves (We recommend Movo (5 Pack) RC1 Clear Rain Cover for DSLR Camera and Lens up to 18″ Long or Mudder Rain Cover Camera Protector Rainproof for Canon Nikon and Other Digital SLR Cameras)
- Dry Bag for camera gear (We recommend:Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag – Roll Top Dry Compression Sack Keeps Gear Dry for Kayaking, Beach, Rafting, Boating, Hiking, Camping and Fishing with Waterproof Phone Case)
- After bite
- Anti-bacterial hand lotion
- Dramamine/Bonine if you get travel sickness
- Sandals/Flip Flops
- Hiking shoes (We recommend covered toe hiking sandals mentioned above)
- Hiking Poles/Walking Stick (If you are not 100% confident in your balance, physical fitness level, and hiking ability this is an absolute must)
- Shorts & shirts (quick dry preferred)
- Bathing Suit
- Pair of long pants (quick dry preferred)
- Layered clothing (long sleeves)
- Small daypack/backpack & camera bag
- Toiletries (Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap)
- First aid kit including:
- prescription medicines
- mosquito repellent
- antibiotic cream
- ace bandage
- pain reliever
- lip balam
- band aids
Keep an eye out for the next Hawaii group tour!