Our Incredible Ireland Adventure keeps selling out so we’re bringing it back for 2024. If you missed out on this awesome journey over the past few years be sure to sign up ASAP! The land of the leprechaun and 1000 shades of green is calling!
A rare number of spots are now available on our Iconic Vietnam & Paradise Thailand adventure. After selling out in less than a week, a few cancellations have opened up an opportunity to experience the iconic parts of Vietnam and the most beautiful islands in Thailand with us!
Last but not least, you must experience the amazingness that is Australia at least once in your life. Explore the beauty, beaches, & iconic buildings of Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef around the stunning Whitsunday Islands, and the history, food, & cultural epicenter that is Melbourne!
On a somber note, our travel club was supposed to be heading to Israel & Jordan next week. The situation here elicits profound sorrow as we witness the suffering of innocent civilians caught in the crossfire, enduring loss and displacement. PhotoFly is wishing for a peaceful resolution and ceasefire that can bring relief to both Israelis and Palestinians. Our thoughts are marked by a yearning for understanding, empathy, and a hope that dialogue and diplomacy can eventually replace the tragic confrontations that have plagued the region for generations. We look forward to taking our club back to these amazing countries as soon as possible.
More trip overviews below
June 28th – July 6th, 2024
Over the years our travel club has explored the vibrant, green lands of Ireland and the adventure often sells out in less than a week. Needless to say we’ll be going back for round 6 in 2024.
E-mail us for the daily itinerary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 8 nights /9 Days
- Full Irish Breakfast every day
- 2 dinners (Welcome & Farewell Dinner)
- Quaint boutique B&Bs & top-rated hotels throughout
- Private Irish driver/guide throughout
– Historic Kilkenny: This charming “city” of 25,000 is indeed the smallest in the country and has been coined the medieval capital of Ireland. Kilkenny Castle and Gardens, Black Abbey, & the original “round tower” of St. Canice’s Cathedral (stunning views & photographs from the top!) are just a few highlights to explore here
– The Rock of Cashel: The seat of kings and mediaeval bishops for 900 years, a must stop for photo lovers with a spectacular group of medieval buildings set on an outcrop of limestone.
– Lismore Castle Gardens & Lady Louisa’s Walk: Visit the colorful castle gardens, covered in beautiful flowers, plants & trees, arranged over seven acres within the castle’s 17th century defensive walls. Next up is a woodland walk along the banks of the River Blackwater. The gentle stroll offers magnificent views of Lismore Castle among a variety of colorful flora.
– Irish Whiskey Tasting & Tour: This historic Distillery has been fully preserved and is now home to the Jameson Experience, where the charm and elegance of the distillery buildings reflect the pride in the product that was made here.
Sneem & Dingle Peninsula
The village of Sneem on the spectacular Ring of Kerry is nestled between mountains and the wild, rugged, coast offering some of the best views in the country!
Dingle is magic, its mellow landscape is one of green hills and golden sands culminating in Europe’s most westerly point.
– Kayak Excursion (optional): A unique, expertly guided experience on Kenmare Bay with stable and comfortable kayaks.
– Hamlet of Castlecove Hike: Our local guide will take us over the hills to the neighboring village of Caherdaniel. This outstanding well marked trail has commanding views to the south of the spectacular Beara Peninsula & Kenmare Bay.
– Coomenoole beach: This small but stunning beach is awesome to photograph. Drastic landscape photo ops to be taken from the top and on the beach itself.
– Slea Head Drive: An epic drive around the most stunning parts of Dingle Peninsula. We’ll see and photograph the breathtaking Slea Head point with the “Devil’s Horns” jutting out at the end, Ventry Harbour with its crescent blue shaped beach, ancient Fahan Beehive Huts, the Blasket Islands, and so much more!
– Dingle Town: A vibrant fishing port in the heart of the peninsula, this charming fishing village has a picturesque variety of shops, comfy pubs, café’s, and charming B&Bs.
Cliffs of Moher & The Burren
Looming over County Clare’s west coast, the cliffs stretch for 5 miles and 700 ft over the Atlantic Ocean. Unchanged for millennia, the landscape of the cliffs has, for centuries, welcomed visitors who come to marvel at their splendor. Up the road awaits “The Burren”, a unique limestone landscape that was shaped beneath ancient seas and then forced high and dry creating this great geographical phenomenon. In the Burren, land and sea seem to merge into one, vast, exhilarating space beneath huge skies.
Known as the “City of the Tribes” after a number of prominent merchant families who controlled the political, commercial, and social life of the city, Galway is special, simple as that. Amidst a pulsating knot of winding, cobbled streets, a carnival atmosphere is created every day by enchanting street performers spouting poetry, juggling fire, and beating bodhrans while the sound of fiddles, bagpipes, and harps spill from the open doors of its medieval taverns.
With a glut of boutique hotels, great shopping, mighty bars, and some of the country’s most sophisticated restaurants, Dublin is fast becoming the premier city destination in Europe. We’ll wander the maze of cobbled streets in Temple Bar, slurp a ‘pint of plain’ in the Guinness storehouse, & marvel at the world famous Book of Kells – Dublin will not disappoint.
– Guinness Storehouse: Guinness is synonymous with Ireland and when in Dublin, no visit is complete without a trip to the Guinness Storehouse. Located in the heart of the legendary St. James’s Gate Brewery, Guinness Storehouse was the former fermentation plant of the brewery , now remodeled into a seven story visitor experience, dedicated to the history of this world famous beer.
– Trinity College & The Book of Kells: Trinity College is the oldest university in Ireland and walking through its cobbled stones will bring us back to the 18th century when the magnificent Old Library building was constructed. The library houses The Book of Kells, a 9th-century gospel manuscript world famous for its illustrations and ornamentation which surpass that of any other Insular Gospel books in extravagance and complexity.
– St. Patrick’s Cathedral: The largest and tallest church in Ireland, St. Patricks history begins way back in the 5th century as the first Christian site in Ireland, where St. Patrick baptized converts. The history is fascinating and the gothic revival architecture is stunning.
– Kilmainham Gaol (Prison): One of the largest unoccupied gaols in Europe, covering some of the most heroic and tragic events in Ireland’s emergence as a modern nation from the 1780s to the 1920s. This historic landmark is now a fantastic museum with an exhibition detailing the fascinating political and penal history of the prison and its restoration.
– Final Night Irish Dinner, Song, & Dance at the Merry Ploughboy Pub: The only pub in Ireland owned and managed by musicians, its unique ‘hands on’ approach from the owners make our final night in Ireland one we’ll never forget! The excellent food, Irish music & dance show has been awarded “Best Dinner/Entertainment Event in Ireland” and the pub is the current “Music Pub of the Year”.
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.