Next up in 2023: Vietnam! We’re heading back to one of our favorites in Southeast Asia for a complete cultural and visually stunning adventure. From the one-of-a-kind floating markets along the Southern Mekong River Delta, to the world-famous natural wonders at Halong Bay in the North, to the country’s best beaches and tropical waters, we’ll show you our favorite parts of this strikingly long country.
January 26th – February 3rd, 2023
- 8 nights/9 days throughout this unimaginably diverse country:
- 5 nights/6 days of stunning Northern Vietnam (Halong Bay & Hanoi)
- 3 nights/4 Days of unforgettable Southern Vietnam (Saigon & Mekong Delta)
- Charming boutique hotels throughout
- Breakfast Everyday
- 8 Lunches & 5 Dinners Included
- Domestic Flight INCLUDED from Saigon to Hanoi (SGN–>HAN)
Southern Vietnam (4 Nights)
- Tour of Ho Chi Minh City (Notre Dame, Hotel d’Ville, Ben Thanh Market, & Dong Khoi street)
- Cu Chi tunnels (Visit the vast underground network of tunnels built first as a defense against the French, and later expanded during the American war)
- Floating Markets of Cai Be & Cai Rang (Sampan ride through the floating markets colorfully congested with women and children jostling for space and vying to sell their wares)
- Khmer Pagoda in Can Tho City (The most beautiful Khmer pagoda in the Mekong Delta!)
Northern Vietnam (4 Nights)
- Hanoi highlight city tour (Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Temple of Literature (Awesome photographs of the grounds and architecture here!)
- Unique Street Food Experience (Lunch and privately guided tour of the hidden but true taste of Hanoi on a discovery walk-through of Vietnamese street cuisine and culture)
- Explore the Old Quarter (Right outside our hotel, lots of great photos to be taken along the old streets, each well-known for a specialized industry. Silk clothing ready-made and tailored, embroidery, silver products, and so much more can be found at the different merchants.)
- Hill Tribes & Rice Paddies (A full day adventure to Hoa Binh province filled with bright green rice paddies and colorful lowland ethnic minority tribes, mostly of nomadic Thai origin. We’ll visit the “White Thai” Minority village of Mai Chau. Amazing cultural and landscape photos to be captured here!)
Cruise Halong Bay!
A great way to see spectacular Halong Bay is a slow cruise through the seemingly never-ending bay of islands. Lay in the sun, enjoy a selection of the freshest seafood, and take photograph after photograph. On our itinerary, the aim is to get off the beaten track while maintaining a leisurely pace. The size of the vessel allows passengers to get much closer to Halong Bay’s natural wonders, such as its pocket lagoons and small fishing communities.
- 2 night/3 Day all inclusive cruise of the best & off the path destinations in Halong Bay
- Deluxe cabins w/ ensuite bathrooms and air conditioning on traditional Vietnamese style “Junk Boat”
- Explore Bai Tu Long Bay (The largest part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, most beautiful, off the path, and by far least crowded!)
- Explore, kayak, and swim among hidden beaches, lagoons, and magical sea caves!
- PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!
- International Airfare is not included. We are happy to help you find a good flight as always!
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
- Privately guided small group tour as always!
- All Taxes & Transfers Included
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.