And a Taste of the Gods
This one’s gonna be special! We’ve carefully crafted an epic adventure to Greece with a taste of history in and around Athens combined with a week of cruising the best islands this magical country has to offer. We’ll hop on our very own private catamaran yacht and sail the turquoise Mediterranean for 8 days, stopping at all the best islands and local treasures. With our own captain and sailing host, we get all the inside knowledge of these famed waters for an authentic and real Greek experience! Email us to see daily itinerary for our Greece Island Hopping tours at firstname.lastname@example.org
* 10 nights/11 day Adventure
* Breakfast everyday
*Lunch & snacks every day during sailing cruise
A taste of the Gods (3 nights/4 days Mainland Greece)
We’ll spend the first part of our journey exploring in and around Athens to experience the amazing history and culture this area has to offer.
* Charming hotel in Athens (2 nights)
* Boutique hotel in Kalambaka (1 night)
* Scenic Drive along the “Riviera of Attica” Coastal Road
* Explore Cape Sounion & the Temple of Poseidon (Described as the “sacred promontory of the Athenians”, the temple of Poseidon is built near the edge of a cliff, and is one of the most beautiful monuments of the classical times to have survived to the present day. Not to mention the incredible view! )
* Panoramic city tour of Athens (Highlights include: The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Parliament House , the Panathenian Stadium, site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University, the National Library and Omonia Square)
* Visit & Photograph the world famous Acropolis (On top of its mountain perch, the ancient site includes the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens)
* Discover history and fascinating details at the Acropolis Museum (A must see stop where we can learn about the vibrant history of this monumental place)
* Explore Delphi and its important archaeological site. Amazing photography and breathtaking scenery from the slopes of Mount Parnassus.
*Meteora: Known for their beautiful monasteries standing between earth and sky atop huge rocks, we’ll explore the priceless religious treasures and history in this region
Island Hopping in style! (7 nights/8 days aboard catamaran yacht)
The heart of our Greece tour will be spent aboard a beautiful catamaran yacht where we’ll sail throughout the highlights of the Cyclades Islands. Our itinerary and exact route depends on the weather and we will have flexibility and control over our sailing route. The boats will be expertly navigated with our personal captain and a host will be with us to cook & serve our meals and offer guidance on where and what to do at each destination. During visits to each island, you will have free time to explore on your own or with the group. Below are some of the inclusions and islands we plan to explore. Remember to email us at email@example.com for the complete daily itinerary and full descriptions of the boats & style of this tour.
* Breakfast, Lunch, & Snacks every day aboard our private yachts
* Experienced skipper/captain to lead the way and navigate the gorgeous waters
* Private hostess will be with us throughout to share her experiences, knowledge, and recommendations on where to go and what to see. (Our hostess will also cook and prepare our meals each day while aboard)
Islands we can visit (pending weather conditions & captains recommendations)
- Island of Kea (Striking landscapes, stunningly beautiful beaches, picturesque villages, and winding paved alleys exuding peace and tranquility)
- Island of Syros (Not just another beautiful island, but an island with a vibrant culture and a strong passion for arts. Here we can visit museums and galleries, but should also relish walking around to photograph the picturesque streets of traditional villages, and explore the gorgeous beaches and impressive caves.
- Island of Delos (An UNESCO world heritage site, Delos is the birthplace of the god Apollo and a sacred land according to the Ancient Greeks making it one of the most important mythological, historical, and archaeological sites in Greece)
- Island of Mykonos (The “cosmopolitan destination” among the Greek islands with plenty of restaurants, shops, and beautiful beaches. Mykonos Town (Chora) will be a blast to explore and photograph with a maze of tiny streets, whitewashed steps, houses, and churches, gathered around its gorgeous harbor)
- Island of Paros (The second largest and arguably most photographic, Paros has unrivaled natural beauty, beaches with crystal clear waters, unrivalled Byzantine footpaths connecting traditional villages, and breathtaking landscapes)
- Island of Kythnos (Beautiful beaches, traditional villages, hot springs, & a unique cave to explore: Katafiki Cave near the village of Driopida is known for its unique rock formations and spectacular stalagmites. This cave used to be an old mine as well as a shelter for the locals during the Second World War. Nowadays locals gather into the cave to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.)
**Please note that during this portion of the tour certain days and activities are open ended and are subject to weather conditions and recommendations from the hostess & captain while we explore the area as a group. Most activities & dinners spent on each island are subject to change and determined by our tour leader, captain, & hostess based on weather and other factors. Activities & island stops are often planned each day or a couple days in advance while cruising the islands. This type of cruise will not include guaranteed stops and organized activities planned in advance of the departure date due to the nature of the experience.
* Photographer with us throughout to teach those interested in improving skills (basics, SLR instruction, composition, etc). Totally optional -no need to be an avid photography enthusiast!
* All Taxes, Tours, & Entrance Fees included as per itinerary
* All Transfers and ground transportation included
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always! **(On the sailing yachts the rooms have ONE bed and only couples will be sharing. Each person will have their own bed on the boats!!!)
* International Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight!
(Specific arrival/departure times will be sent to all guests and we are available to assist in booking the proper flights as always when needed)
* Email us to see daily itinerary for our greece island hopping tours at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to departure date will receive no refund of full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40