Our travel club is currently exploring the “land down under” as we speak. Next year, join us and explore the OTHER “Land Down Under“: New Zealand! This outrageously popular adventure combines the best off-the-path gems & must-see highlights of New Zealand’s South & North Islands. Our local Kiwi guide who knows New Zealand like no other will take us from glaciers and fjords to volcanos and geothermal wonders. The diversity in landscapes, nature, & geological phenomena is mind-bending and provides amazing photographic opportunities around every corner. Join us on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure across the ever-changing backdrop that is New Zealand!
By the way, only ONE spot left on our Croatia & Her Beautiful Sisters adventure! If you’re on the fence check out a few images we took over the years on this amazing trip.
Still ONE spot available on the week 1 & week 2 Kenya Migration Safari. Don’t miss your chance to witness the most famous animal crossing in the world (it’s like stepping into your TV on the Nat Geo Channel!).
More Breaking News: The Israel & Jordan Adventure has also been sold out for months but ONE spot has become available for a female sharing a room.
More trip overviews below
Epic New Zealand
March 21st – April 1st, 2023
Please fill out the form at the top of the trip page to receive the daily itinerary: https://photoflytravel.org/tour/new-zealand-group-tours/ OR you can always e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Experience the best off-the-path gems & must-see highlights of New Zealand’s South & North Islands. Our local Kiwi guide who knows New Zealand like no other will take us from glaciers and fjords to volcanoes and geothermal wonders.
Don’t forget to check out our incredible North Island Extension!
- 11 nights/12 days throughout the best of New Zealand’s South Island
- Private Kiwi guide throughout who knows New Zealand like no other
- Breakfast Everyday, 1 lunch, 3 Dinners (Including Welcome and Farewell Dinner Celebrations)
North Island Optional Extension
- 6 nights / 7 days throughout the best of New Zealand’s North Island
- Private Kiwi guide throughout with extensive knowledge of the North Island!
- Breakfast Everyday, 2 Dinners (Including a traditional Māori hāngi feast)
- Domestic Flight from Christchurch (CHC) → Auckland (AKL) INCLUDED (*Discounted rate available if joining North Island program only–please inquire)
South Island Adventure (12 Days)
The South Island IS the adventure isle of the world with rolling green pastures, sandy beaches, the towering Southern Alps mountain range, mirror blue lakes, glaciers, fjords, and so much more! The famed Queenstown has even been coined the “Adrenaline Capital of the World”.
Christchurch → Kaikoura → Nelson/Abel Tasman National Park (4 Nights)
From the very start, we’ll hit the ground running with a night in the “Garden City” of Christchurch, NZ’s South Island capital, before heading on our first epic road trip along the gorgeous northeastern coast. Our first stop is Kaikoura where we can go whale watching and swim with dolphins! Then on to Nelson, the sunshine capital of NZ. We’ll spend an awesome day in Abel Tasman National Park amongst the stunning bush, ocean cliffs, waterfalls, and sandy beaches.
Northern Greymouth & Franz Josef Glacier (2 Nights)
- Cross the gorgeous Southern Alps with photo stops en route, arriving in Punakaiki to see and photograph the unique Pancake Rock formations.
- Guided walk through the Truman Track in Paparoa National Park: Unspoilt sub-tropical forest, podocarp and rata trees, vines, and nikau palms everywhere.
- Franz Josef Glacier: See and photograph this unique glacier, one of only a few in the world that descends into a temperate rain forest. Our guided walking tour gets us as close as possible to the terminal face of the glacier but don’t miss the optional helicopter hikes or scenic heli rides with glacier landings. End the day relaxing in soothing hot pools fed by natural springs nearby (optional).
Queenstown & Milford Sound (3 Nights)
- Mind-Blowing Milford Sound Exploration & Cruise: This is a place that potentially tops all others in New Zealand (and that’s saying a lot!). So magical in fact, that famed British writer Rudyard Kipling deemed Milford Sound an 8th Wonder of the World. Numerous waterfalls decorate the walls of the cliffs and shower down into the sea. Explore & photograph the gigantic fjords, and if we’re lucky, see fur seals, dusky & bottlenose dolphins, & the rare Fiordland Crested Penguin!
- Explore Queenstown: Several optional adventures are available including bungy jumping, sky diving, Skyline Gondola, horseback riding, wine tours, ATV tours, and more!
- TSS Earnslaw historic steamship ride to Walter Peak Farm for a kiwi style gourmet BBQ dinner and farm show.
Lake Tekapo → Christchurch (2 Nights)
- Lake Tekapo: Amazing views and photographs to be taken of this stunning lake and the Southern Alps with the mount-cook-and-pukakChurch of the Good Shepherd in the foreground.
- Mt. John Observatory Astronomy Tour (Optional): Super clear skies make Lake Tekapo the best place for star & planet gazing
- Tekapo Hot Springs (Optional): Relax our muscles under the stars in the local hot pools.
- Visit Mt Cook Village: Photo ops of New Zealand’s tallest mountain and Lake Pukaki with its gorgeous turquoise glacier water.
North Island Adventure (Optional Ext. 7 Days)
For the complete New Zealand experience come with us to the North Island, with vastly different landscapes, rich in geothermal activity and home to iconic volcanoes such as Mt Tongariro and Mt Ngauruhoe (filmed in “Lord of the Rings” as Mt. Doom). We’ll explore stunning black sand beaches backed by towering cliffs & the largest volcanic cone in Auckland. Experience & photograph fascinating geothermal activity in Rotorua and become immersed in Māori culture. In just one week, we’ll see & photograph a completely different island compared to the south. It might as well be on the other side of the world!
Auckland → West Coast → Rangitoto Island
Known as the “City of Sails”, NZ’s largest city boasts a beautiful harbor filled with sailboats. A drive around the city highlights takes us to some fantastic lookout points for great panoramic views and pictures!
Taupo → Tongariro National → Park Waitomo
- PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!
- International Airfare is not included. We are happy to help you find a good flight as always!
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
- Privately guided small group tour as always!
- All Taxes & Transfers Included
Travel Club Update: COVID-19
PhotoFly Travel Club takes our current global pandemic extremely seriously. As such, a number of our 2020 and 2021 adventures have had to be cancelled & postponed like most in our travel industry. We want nothing more than all of our members to stay healthy & happy during these trying times. We hope everyone is playing their part by social distancing as much as possible. The more people who properly follow this crucial tactic in our country, and everyone around the world, the faster we will conquer and come out stronger & better prepared when this happens again.
As of today, we remain hopeful that travel will become feasible and safe again for most travelers early next year. In fact many countries, including most of Europe, have been on the decline for months now. It’s important to acknowledge that these are mainly countries that have enacted strict social distancing measures much sooner and in a more timely manner than the USA has been able to. Good news is most of the countries on our upcoming calendar fit this description! For more details about the predictions and scientific modeling in each state AND many countries around the world go here: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ (you can select any state or country for the location specific predictions)
Enhanced Procedures & Safety Measures
As we get ready to explore the world with you again soon, our travel club has begun to implement new guidelines and practices for the “Post-Covid World”. Some of them are listed below. Safety is #1 and the ability to experience a destination without limitations due to the pandemic is #2
b. Sanitizer available at all times/ Surface Cleanings done constantly
c. Social distancing practices as much as possible & no contact health/temperature checks
d. Small Groups Only = Lower Risk. Only time will tell and we’re following the situation very carefully. Our pledge is to share nothing but scientific evidence and advice given by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We will base our decisions in the coming months solely on these two sources.
We know this is going to be a difficult time for all of us, in a myriad of ways. PhotoFly Travel Club is committed to building amazing experiences for years to come. We will get through this together and come out on the other side with even more amazing trips.
We wish everyone nothing but the best navigating this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to remain healthy and persevere until we overcome.
Much love and gratitude to all of our members,
Steve, Andrew, Catalin, Michelle, Raya, & the rest of our PhotoFly Team!
Spread the word about our travel clubs! If you know any friends, colleagues, or family that love to travel invite them to join! It’s free and all are welcome! The larger we get the more trips we can plan each year…
Any questions feel free to contact us anytime as always!
Travel Club Organizer: Steve Juba
978 479 4527
*Please always review our cancellation and refund policy located at the bottom of every trip page before making payments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.