Recommended Packing List
- T-shirts (hand washable, fast drying preferred)
- Shorts (hand washable, fast drying preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt
- Light weight jacket
- Pants/jeans/1 dress (optional)
- 1 pair very comfortable shoes/sneakers for walking
- Light rain jacket w/ hood
- Layered clothing
Documents (and backup photocopies):
- Travel Insurance confirmation (if you purchased)
- Daypack/small backpack
- Money belt
- Large & small Ziploc bags to protect cameras and other technology in rain
- Camera, lenses, extra batteries, extra memory cards and related gear (tripod optional)
- Empty re-useable water bottle/ bladder
- Alarm clock/ cell phone alarm clock
- Earplugs – especially if sharing room!
- Your medicine (labeled)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Plug Adapter : European (plug adapter is fine. You only need a power converter if bringing your own hair dryer)https://www.adaptelec.com/Country-Specific-Answers/Electrical-Plug-Outlet-and-Voltage-Information-for-Poland
- Personal contacts address list (e-mail & emergency contact info)
- Anti-bacterial hand lotion
- Bonine/Motion Sickness Wrist Bands (for car sickness during long drivers)
- Toiletries (Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap if prefer using your own)
- First aid kit including:
- Prescription medicines
- Mosquito repellent
- Antibiotic cream
- Ace bandage
- Pain reliever
- Lip balm
Weather in June
Krakow, Poland: Temperatures continue to rise, but this month also gets some rainfall (showers and thunderstorms).
Average high: 72oF
Average low: 52oF
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic: Temperatures continue to rise and overall weather is similar to Krakow.
Average high: 71oF
Average low: 53oF
Prague, Czech Republic: It gets pleasantly warm in the afternoons and comfortable in the evening. Average
chance of rain around 30%.
Average high: 74oF
Average low: 57oF
Budapest, Hungary: Summer weather is already very warm during the day in June but it still can get chilly in the late evening and early morning.
Average high: 77oF
Average low: 57oF
Plug Type: European for all 3 countries (Basic plug adapter is all you need. You only need a power converter if bringing your own hair dryer). See link below for images and more details:
Poland: Zloty (PLN) (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/poland/money-costs)
1 USD = 3.8 PLN
Czech Republic: Koruna (CZK) (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g274684-s601/Czech-Republic:Banks.And.Money.html)
1 USD = 23 CZK
Hungary: Forint (HUF) (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/hungary/money-costs)
1 USD = 289 HUF
*There is no need to exchange money before the trip. Plenty of banks, ATMs, and money changers can be found in each major city we’ll be visiting. We recommend exchanging a small amount of cash on arrival at the airport to hold you over for the first day.
How much $$$ to bring: Lunches will generally range from $7.00 – $20.00 and Dinners from $12.00 – $30.00. Please bring enough cash to suit your personal spending habits and have a debit/credit card as back up. Credit cards are accepted at most restaurants and establishments in each area we’ll be visiting. Be sure to bring enough extra cash for tipping as well (see below)
We recommend $5.00 – $10.00 per day for our guides and $2.00 – $3.00 per day for our drivers. There will be some 1⁄2 day guides leading us on specific tours only, and we recommend tipping these guides $5.00 – $10.00 total. Tipping for luggage porters ($1.00 per bag) and maid service ($2.00 – $3.00 per day). Our Tour Director will always be available to offer advice on tipping and will go over these recommendations during the trip.