In June 2014 we went on our most authentic safari yet paired with Africa’s most famous natural wonder of the world: Victoria Falls! Our 2015 Botswana & Zimbabwe safari w/ Victoria Falls takes our adventure to a whole new level! This is an unbeatable deal and we are confident you will find no comparable itineraries that even come close to what we can offer. Our first stop is in style at the 5 star lodge: Camp Amalinda. These luxurious rooms are built into the real caves in this region of Zimbabwe and are surrounded by rhinos, cave paintings, and a variety of beautiful landscapes and other game animals. From here we’ll cross the border into Zimbabwe to witness Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world! Our safari of a lifetime is not complete without exploring the wildlife along the Chobe River where four African countries meet (Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and Zimbabwe). The Chobe Game Reserve is famous for its enormous elephant population – it is said that 45,000 of these fascinating giants roam the plains of Chobe. Email us to see daily itinerary at email@example.com
For those who desire even more luxury and a true off the path adventure in style, check out our best luxury safari: 5 star Royal Zambezi pre-extension. This experience is not to be missed. It will simply blow your mind.
* 8 night/9 Day Adventure (3 Nights Zimbabwe, 2 Nights Victoria Falls, 3 nights Botswana)
Camp Amalinda, Zimbabwe (3 nights, 4 days):
This place is special. In fact it’s the most luxurious and unique property in Africa we have ever seen. It was a must stop on our best Africa safari yet! Located among the caves and UNESCO world heritage site of Matobo National Park, Camp Amalinda is tucked away into an ancient bushman’s shelter and rated among the top 3 safari lodges in all of Zimbabwe in 2013 (TripAdvisor Reviews): . The granite domes and castle kopjes of the Matobo Hills echo the essence of tranquility and the majesty of untamed Africa, where mammal and bird species are prolific. Included here are the highest concentrations of Leopard and Black Eagle in the world, as well as a healthy population of the endangered Black and White Rhino. Some of the most breathtaking granite scenery in the world is found in the Matobo Hills. Come enjoy and photograph it with us!
*About Amalinda Camp: Individually thatched rooms, literally built into the boulders and granite caves of the region, are steeped in African historical artifacts of a bygone era. True luxury awaits while sleeping among a piece of ancient history.
*Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner everyday
* Relax and explore the amazing grounds of Amalinda with an authentic boma fire pit, 1st class open air dining lodge, stunning pool & spa, and so much more. Walking among the maze of giant boulders you can even find bushman cave paintings over 2,000 years old!
* Guided sunset walk on a massive granite landmass known as a whale back dwala. We’ll take breathtaking photos and enjoy drinks and snacks together at the top!
* In search of Rhino: We’ll head into Matobo National Park in search of the extremely rare black and white rhinos. The setting alone makes for great photo’s but the chance to capture this endangered giant will set the stage for an unforgettable adventure.
* Rhodes Grave & “View of the World”: A short hike to the famous and beloved Cecil Rhodes; mining magnate and South African explorer who asked to be buried here at his favorite place in the world. The views and lookouts atop the memorial have been coined the “View of the World”.
* 2,000 year Bushman rock paintings: walk through the stunning landscape to explore ancient cave paintings by the San Bushman of this region
* Safari in Matobo to search for Rock Dassie, Klipspringer, Giraffe, Wildebeeste, Sable, the elusive Leopard, Hippo and a healthy variety of bird species.
Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe (2 nights/3 days):
* Explore the falls from the highly rated A”Zambezi River Lodge
* Guided Tour Victoria Falls: A truly awe-inspiring experience – the sight, the sound, the smell; the humbling feeling that here indeed is Nature’s Supreme Masterpiece. No photograph can begin to depict the reality (though we will try!)…and nothing prepares you for your first sight. We’ll be accompanied through the rain forest by a qualified guide who will give a brief history of the Falls themselves as well as detailing the flora, fauna, bird & wildlife and other points of interest. There are 16 viewpoints to see the falls from for endless photograph opportunities. Raincoats are provided when needed.
* Optional Arrival Night Sundowner Cruise on the Zambezi River (Enjoy a sundowner and snacks as we look out onto the banks of the Zambezi. Great chance to capture one of the most amazing sunsets in Africa while spotting elephants, hippos, giraffe, crocodiles, & river birds as they come to the river’s edge for a drink at the end of the hot day)
* Optional Dinner at “The Boma” (An evening filled with entertainment from Amakwezi traditional dancers to a local story teller and fortune teller. Tuck into a four-course meal of mouth watering starters: soup from the campfire, a substantial barbeque buffet served on cast iron plates with a selection of salads, followed by a choice of delicious desserts. Everyone’s tastes are catered for, and whilst the adventurous are enticed with local delicacies such as Mopani worms and game stews! Enjoy beef, pork, fish and chicken or a variety of vegetarian meals. Don’t rush off after dinner, because we can join in the drumming extravaganza which is always a highlight of the evening.)
* Tons of optional activities to choose from (elephant back safaris, zip line, Vic Falls Helicopter ride, canoe safaris, horse back riding, and more)
Botswana (3 nights, 4 days):
* World class Safari along the world famous Chobe River
* 4 Star Mowena Safari Lodge & Spa (All rooms face the Chobe river and are equipped with tea/coffee-making facilities, mini bars, hairdryers as well as mosquito nets and electric insect repellants. Mowana’s pool is built in such a way that it disappears into the surrounding Chobe landscape)
* Breakfast & Dinner everyday
* Along with 45,00 elephants, Chobe National Park is home to lions, leopards, giraffes, cheetahs, cape buffalo, approximately 450 bird species, as well as Puku and Chobe bushbuck, which are indigenous to this area.
* Game drives & river cruise safaris every day for plenty of sightings and photography opportunities!
* Privately guided small group tour as always!
* Photographer with us throughout to teach those interested in improving skills (basics, SLR instruction, composition, etc). Totally optional -no need to be an avid photography enthusiast!
* All Taxes & Fees included (not including Zimbabwe Visa obtained on arrival: $30.00/ No visa needed for Botswana)
* All Transfers and ground transportation included
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight!
*Flights Needed: 1. June 14th/15th Departure & June 25th Return: Round Trip International to Johannesburg (JNB) 2. June 17th Departure (one way): Johannesburg (JNB) –> Bulawayo (BUQ) 3. June 20th Departure (one way): Bulawayo (BUQ) –> Victoria Falls Airport (VFA) 3. June 25th Departure (one way): Victoria Falls (VFA) –> Johannesburg (JNB) *3 separate 1 way flights required approx. $600.00 USD–We will help you book if needed!
(Specific arrival/departure times will be sent to all guests and we’ll assist in booking the proper flights as always)
* Email us to see daily itinerary at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Want more? Check out this AMAZING luxury pre-extension along the remote Zambezi River in Zambia!
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to departure date will receive no refund of full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40