The Ecuadorian Amazon is a real gem and one of the most authentic areas in this crucial ecosystem to experience. This trip is an extension option to our Great Galapagos Group Tour but all members are welcome to join this trip independent of the Galapagos.
Please e-mail us for the day by day itinerary (email@example.com):
* 4 nights/ 5 days among the creatures of this mystic jungle rainforest
* All Inclusive (4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners)
* Expert Amazon guide to show us the secrets of this magical land
* Round trip domestic flight Included (Quito (UIO) –> Lagos Agrio (LGQ), $250.00 USD value)
Cuyabeno Amazon Reserve
After a night in Quito, a flight takes us to a fabulously remote area in the Amazon rainforest. Out of the various regions one can explore on the Ecuadorian side of this great biosphere, Cuyabeno is without a doubt the most authentic, remote, and magical! With some of the highest biodiversity on our planet, this region lies within the lowlands of the Amazon. The land is saturated with lakes and a labyrinth of accessible creeks which make up the lifeblood of the living forest, and allows for such biodiversity.
Jamu Lodge will be our home for the next few days, and is the best way to immerse ourselves among the thousand shades of greens, reds, yellows, & blues the rainforest embodies. Their belief in true eco-tourism will make our stay unique and comfortable, while preserving the beauty of the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve for the future.
* Canoe into the jungle: Our first experience in the Amazon is via canoe, en route to the lodge. We get our first glimpse of the amazing plants and wildlife teeming here, and with a little luck, we’ll see and photograph monkeys and other jungle creatures along the way.
* Sunset & Lagoon Swim: Not too far from the lodge is a majestic lagoon ripe for swimming and a perfect spot to take in and photograph the sunset.
* Explore the Rainforest: Our private, expert guide will lead us through the heart of the jungle and explain how this complex tropical ecosystem works. We’ll learn about medicinal plants (many of which are the source for modern western medications) and may see and photograph exotic birds or monkeys along the way.
* Bird Watching/Photographing: Optional (no charge) early AM bird watching and scouting with our expert, naturalist guide.
* Caimans in the night: An eerie, but thrilling canoe ride in the dark will be lead by our Amazon expert in search of the beautiful carnivores. We can spot them with flashlights; the light refracting in their eyes like bright bike reflectors. Occasionally, with lots of luck, we may catch the green eyes of a wandering Ocelot Cat or Jaguar on the rivers edge.
* Meet the Siona People & their Shaman: A very special experience where we’ll be able to encounter, speak with, and learn about the fascinating culture of this centuries old ethnic group that still lives the same way since the origins of their community! Even their Shaman, the community healer, will share some of his knowledge and perspective with us!
* As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, taking better pictures, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
* All Ground & Water Transfers Included
* Round trip domestic flight Included (Quito (UIO) –> Amazon Launch Point: Lago Agrio (LGQ), 250-300.00 USD value)
* International airfare not included but we’re happy to help you find the best flights as always.
*Don’t forget to e-mail us for the day by day itinerary of these Amazon group tours (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
*There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to departure date will receive no refund of full amount due. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40